Apply taxes and fees to your reservation sources. Once applied, these taxes and fees will be automatically added to the reservation rates sent to these sources. Learn more about Reservation Sources.
This article will walk you through the process of applying taxes and fees to your reservation sources and shows how to recalculate reservation rates with these newly applied taxes/fees.
Apply taxes or fees to Reservation Sources
- To apply a tax/fee to reservation sources, this tax/fee must be created in advance. See Taxes and Fees - How to Create Taxes and Fees
- Learn about the Taxes and Fees - Available Types
- Property Owner has access to the Sources settings by default. The rest of the users can be granted permission to Sources by the Property Owner. Learn more about Roles and Permissions
- Click Manage (gear icon)
- Go to Reservation Sources
- Select the source type: Primary Sources or Third Party Sources
- Next to the source click Configure Taxes/Fees For Source. In example below, the tax will be applied to source Walk In, meaning that the tax will be added automatically to all reservations created when selecting Walk In as a source.
- Select the Tax or fee to be applied to the source
- Click Save
If you have any future reservations with this source, the system will ask you whether to recalculate the reservations. See How to recalculate existing future reservations for more details.
- When selecting the source when creating a reservation, the tax will be automatically added and calculated.
Recalculate existing future reservations
If you applied a tax to a source which you have reservations in the future, the system will suggest you to recalculate these reservations:
- If YES is selected: The tax will be applied based on the current date of the reservation, not the status. Meaning that, the tax is applied only to room rate charges that are pending to be posted in the folio, not to the room rates already posted.
- The tax will not be applied for all reservations with the check-out date in the past
- If the check-out date is today and the tax is not applied, this is because the transactions were already posted
- If there are a few days of stay left, the tax will be applied to the dates of stay that have pending room rates in queue.
- If NO is selected: The tax won't be applied to future reservations, unless you edit the room rate which is not posted yet in the folio. The tax is now applied to the reservation source, so it is already in a queue. As soon as the room rate is changed, the applicable tax will appear/change as well.
To track this reservation tax recalculation, go to the Activity Log and filter the list by log Applicable Taxes Updated for Source/Applicable Fees Updated for Source: