House Accounts allows you to create one or multiple accounts to register transactions for items that are not connected to any specific room, guest, or reservation, like walk-in guests consumption, for example.
This article offers a general overview of the House Account feature on Cloudbeds PMS.
Cloudbeds believes every lodging business is unique. We have tools for every size and budget to establish and grow. Reach out to our Support Team for more information on each available package.
If you are not yet a Cloudbeds customer, please click here to access our Pricing Guide and schedule a Demo.
How it works
Access Cloudbeds PMS to create a new House Account.
Once add a refund, adjustment, tax, or room revenue that is not related to any reservation. The table with payments, adjustments, voids, and refunds is very easy to filter and the transactions are displayed in different colors according to their type.
There's a bar at your property that is open to your guests and also to people not staying with you. When someone orders an item that cannot be added to a reservation, or the item is ordered by a person who isn't staying in your hotel, you may add the item to a House Account.
Things to note:
- You cannot delete a House Account. Users with the specific permission enabled may only close the account.
- If you have payment processing connected, charge or refund the credit card used for a purchase added to the house account.
- House Accounts are not designed to register accounts payable/supplier payments (water/electricity bills, staff salary, etc).
- It is not possible to remove saved credit cards from a House Account.
Manage House Accounts
Create House Accounts
- Starting from the House Account section of your Main Menu, click on +New House Account
- Enter House Account title
- Select whether you want to make the house account available only to you
- If this checkbox is selected, only you will be able to access this house account, and none of the other users will be able to view this account.
- Click Add House Account
- The House Account will be displayed on the Main Page
Open/Close House Accounts
- Go to House Account page and click on the desired House Account
- Click on the Status button and choose to Open or Close the House Account
Visit the Poster POS Connection Guide to learn more on how to integrate with Poster.
If you are using Poster POS integration connected to your Cloudbeds PMS:
- You can post transactions directly from Poster in the House Account. All orders which were not assigned to a guest will be sent to House Account.
- As soon as you close an order, it will appear in the House Account. When you close the shift, Poster will close the House Account.
- If you use cash shifts within Poster, Poster will create one House Account per shift for each location you have created.
- Example: You have two locations in one account - My Coffee House and My Awesome Bar. Poster creates separate house accounts as shown below:
- If you don't use a cash shift, Poster will divide your sales by calendar days.
Limitation with Payment Processing
If you have a Payment Gateway connected to your Cloudbeds PMS, Poster currently has a limitation when posting transactions paid via Credit Cards.
Poster will post both the debit and the credit on your House Account which can cause duplicated payments.
- A customer (external guest) orders an item.
- The property employee takes the order, closes the payment at Poster POS, and chooses credit card as the payment type.
- Poster will add the debit and the credit on your House Account
- If the customer wants to pay with credit card, the property employee should charge them through Payment Processing.
To avoid duplicated Payments, you must void the credit posted by Poster and add the payment using Payment Processing.
Click here to learn how to Void Transactions in House Accounts.