The article below will show you how to add or refund payments to your House Account.
To learn more about House Account and its functionality, check the article House Account Overview.
- Go to House Accounts page and click on House Account where the payment should be added
- Click Add/Refund Payment button
- Select Add Payment
- Enter the amount
- Select the Payment Method
- Choose to either charge (only for accounts with payment gateway enabled) or record previous payment (don't charge)
- Post with current date and time - When this box is checked the current date and time will be posted for the transaction when you click "Continue" button. You can uncheck if you are adding a transaction for the past.
- If you choose the Record previous payment (Don't charge) option, the system will add the payment as a record and won't charge the card.
- Enter and store credit card details - Check the box if you are charging a card with details not already in the system.
- The date of processed payment can only be the current date and can't be set to the past or future even if Post with current date and time option is off (this option puts a date of transaction = today, but disabling it doesn't mean you can process payment for a future or past date)
- This functionality does not work with cash payment
- Add notes if desired
- Click Continue
Allocate the payment to specific revenue item if you have this functionality enabled.
You may void the payment (delete the record) by clicking the "x" sign next to it.
Cash payments can't be voided after 24 hours.
- Go to House Accounts page and click on House Account where the refund should be added
- Click on Add/Refund Payment button
- Select Refund Payment
- Select the Payment Type
- Choose the Refund Type
- Capture/Note Existing Refund - will add refund as a record to your house account, won't refund previously charged amount to credit card
- Refund Payment Gateway Transaction - will actually process refund to previously charged credit card through Cloudbeds PMS (will only be active with payment processing option enabled)
- Enter the refund amount
- Select the date
- Enter your notes if desired
- Click on Add Payment
You can allocate the refund to specific revenue item if you have this functionality enabled.
Learn more about refund/payment allocation in our Knowledge Base: Payment Allocation
Refund will be displayed on House Account in blue color
It's not possible to delete a refund!