This report is under the Financial Reports section. Some transactions refer to Revenue for the property such as food and beverage charges, and Room and Tax charges (Debits). Other transactions refer to payments made by the guest, such as credit card or cash payments (Credits).
This article will assist you in generating a variety of financial reports for your property from the transaction report section.
Property owner has access to Financial Reports by default. Other users must be granted permission inside Roles. Learn more: Roles and Permissions
- Click Menu.
- Click Reports.
- Select Financial Reports.
- Click Transactions.
Narrow the data by using the filters:
- Reservation #, Room # or Guest Name
- From Date - To Date: Use this section to select the START and END dates in which you want the report to begin and stop.
- User: It can be modified to only show 1 or all users. The system selects ALL users by default.
- Description: This is the main section that will allow you to generate a variety of reports depending on which description is chosen.
Examples on how to set the description filter to generate specific report types:
- Income Report: Uncheck "Select all Debits" section — this will leave only Credits (Payments) selected.
- Room & Tax Report: Uncheck "Select all Debits" and "Select all Credits". Once that is done and everything is unchecked, go to Debits and select "Room Rate" as well as "Taxes and Fees".
- Items & Services Reports: Uncheck "Select all Credits" and uncheck all debits that are not associated with Items & Services.
- Group By and Sub-Group By: Depending on the type of report, you will want to group or sub-group the report by User, Date, Room, Guest Name or Reservation Number.
- Adjustments: Select the type of adjustment to be included in the report (Simple Transactions*, Adjustments, Adjustments with voids, Voids, Refunds)
*Simple transactions are all transactions that are not part of any adjustments, voids or refunds (e.g, Room Revenue, Taxes, Items and Services, Payments, etc).
- Status: Select the reservation status you want to generate the report. All statuses are selected by default.
Type: This field allows you to sort the report by transaction type. You can filter by:
- Reservations - Transactions within a reservation
- House Accounts - Transactions within a house account
- Cash Drawers - Cash added directly to the cash drawer. It does not filter cash payments in a folio.
- Group Profiles - Transactions in a group profile (only available if Groups feature is enabled)
- Click Apply to save the filter settings.
The report generated will show the necessary fields regarding :
- Reservation Number
- Transaction Code (TRN Code) - It appears when a charge or payment was added to a folio manually
- Check-in / Check-out
- Reservation Status
- Quantity (of items)
- Debit / Credit