Cloudbeds is continuously working in improving Cloudbeds PMS. We are happy to share with you another enhancement in the system: the Self-service Cloudbeds API for properties. This article walks you through the steps on how to request access.
If you are a commercial technology company, the information in this article doesn't apply to you. Read our Technology Partner API Integration Guide.
Cloudbeds believes every lodging business is unique. We have tools for every size and budget to establish and grow. If you don't see the functionality to create API keys in your account, reach out to our Support Team for more information on each available package.
If you are not yet a Cloudbeds customer, please click here to access our Pricing Guide and schedule a Demo.
What is the Self-Service API?
Getting API access allows you to access your account's data programmatically and integrate with your local systems or build extended functionality to advance the guest experience.
Step 1 - Getting Started
If your Cloudbeds pricing package allows you to add new API Credentials you can go to Step 2 - How to Add New Credentials
Step 2 - How to Add New Credentials
- Go to Account Menu and select Apps & Marketplace
- Access API Credentials section
- +NEW CREDENTIALS
- Add a unique name for the API key set (ex. Green Parrot Website Plugin).
- Provide descriptive context as you may have many API key sets in the future
- Add the Integration type
- Redirect URI - since API keys use does not require a functioning Redirect URL, you may enter “https://localhost” in the Redirect URI field
- You will be presented with a modal containing Client Credentials in the form of a Client ID and Shared Secret. As these attributes are not required in the payload of an API-key enabled request, you can Close this window and ignore these parameters.
- Select the new entry from the API Credentials table and scroll to the right to reveal the API Key column heading and click the Create button in your desired row.
- Once you click the Create button within the desired row, you will be presented with a list of API Scopes which you may select from.
- Scope selections should align with the API endpoints you plan to leverage within your integration. You can find these in the Cloudbeds API documentation.
- Select the required scopes by checking each permission and click the Create button in the lower right.
- You will be prompted to enter your Cloudbeds login details and to approve the selected permission scopes.