PayU Latam is one of the many payment processing providers Cloudbeds connects with through our Payment Gateway Feature.
If you do not have a PayU Latam account already, you will need to sign up for one. Since signing up with a Payment Gateway involves financial details and contract negotiations, Cloudbeds cannot legally create an account for you.
- AVS (Address Verification System) is required by PayU Latam. Make sure to enable billing address as a requirement on the "payment options" settings page of your Cloudbeds account.
- Your PayU Latam account must have "API services" enabled. This is required for your PayU Latam API credentials to work when connecting to myfrontdesk. This is a feature than can be enabled for you by PayU Latam's support team.
Special Settings for PayU Latam
Configure the following settings in your PayU Latam account, or contact PayU Latam Support to do it for you:
- Enable the "Validate unique reference" option in your PayU account. This will validate that each payment reference sent to the PayU Latam system is unique.
- If you intend to use the "Process without a cvv2 security code" feature, available for Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico, then you should enable it in your PayU Latam account.
- If you intend to use the "Months without interest" feature, available for Mexico, then you should enable it in the PayU Latam account.
Login to your PayU Latam account
- This can be done here: https://secure.payulatam.com/login.zul
1. Click on configuration
2. Click on "technical information"
This page contains some of the info needed to link PayU Latam and Cloudbeds.
Login to your Cloudbeds account, click on the settings gear, and go to "payment options"
Select "PayULatam" as your payment gateway and fill in the following fields from your PayU account
- 1. PayU Merchant ID
- 2. PayU Account ID
- 3. PayU API Login
- 4. PayU API Key
- 5. PayU Account's 2-Digit Country Code
Note: The countries accepted for the 2-digit country code are BR, AR, CO, MX, PA, or PE.
Supported Currencies per Country
Supported Features per Country
- Partial refund and partial capture are not supported. Sending less than the full amount will generate an error.
- Authorization and capture are only supported for the local currency, USD is not supported.
Supported Credit Cards per country
These are the global credit card vendors currently supported by PayU Latam per country:
Troubleshooting PayU Latam
You do not have the required permissions to perform the requested operation.
This likely means that your PayU Latam account does not have "API services" enabled.
Solution: Contact PayU Latam's support team and request to have that feature activated for your PayU Latam account.
The transaction was stopped and must be revised, this can occur because of security filters.
The transaction was rejected by the anti-fraud system.
Security settings have to be adjusted in PayU account. Please fill out the below attached form and send to PayU email address: email@example.com
It takes PayU about 8 calendar days to respond to your request.
Once that process get completed, PayU will start monitoring all new transactions.
After the whole process, if the approval rate does not increase, report this to PayU and Cloudbeds support.