One of the primary functionalities of PIE is creating and maintaining compsets - a list of similar properties, with which your property competes for business, typically within the same geographical location and similar star rating. After you select which properties should appear in your compset, we obtain data from the indicated OTAs such as Expedia, Booking.com or Hostelworld (or others), and provide the rates for the selected room type. We then take these to determine the high and low prices for each competitor.
- Currently, compset information is updated every 24 hours based on the time the compset was created.
- Rates for the following 90 days (rolling) are displayed after each refresh
- You can create 3 compset(s). Each compset can contain up to 5 properties.
- The system will search for competitors only within the country of your property, which is set on the Property Profile page
Before creating compsets make sure to select your property's Accommodation Type that will be considered the base room type for your property to be displayed in the Rate Shopper's 'Selected Accommodations' view.
- Click 'Price Intelligence Engine' icon.
- Go to 'Compsets' page.
- Click 'Create Compset' button.
4. Enter Compset Name (there are no restrictions for the format of the name field).
5. Click 'Search', this will open the modal where you may search for competitors.
6. Enter property name you want to add to that compset and click 'Search'.
The system will search for competitors only within the country of your property. You may set your property country on Property Profile page.
7. Click 'Add' next to the property you want to add.
8. At this step, select the channel you want to shop for this competitor, and click Submit.
- You can select specific room type to pull information from when editing the compset.
- For more information about the channels that our Price Intelligence Engine can pull data from, click here.
9. Once you finish adding the competitors from the list - close the list
10. Click SAVE
On the compset page, you may now see the list of properties added (11) and their address (12), accommodation type (13) (can be added when clicking gear icon/ Edit) and channel (14) from which data will be pulled from.
As far as we have room types available for PIE, it is possible to compare room types from the same competitor:
It takes some time to retrieve the data for properties within your compset. Once all the data has been retrieved, you will see it display on the "Rate Shopper" page"
If you don't see the property you're looking for, you may request it. Please note that it may take up to 72 hours for the property to be added.
You will see the list of the requests and their statuses on the "Compset" page under 'Property Request' section:
After you have created a compset you may:
- Create new compset (note that maximum of 3 compsets are allowed)
- Enable/Disable an existing compset
- Delete a compset by clicking the gear icon:
- Edit a compset
While editing a compset, you can
- change the compset name
- select the accommodation type for a specific competitor
- change the channel to pull data from
- remove the compset