On the System Notification Preferences page, you may select which system notifications should be sent out and to whom. They include:
- Reservation Notifications
- Payment Processing Notifications
- Drawer Closure Summary Notifications
Property owner has access to manage System Notification Preferences by default. Other users must have this privilege enabled by the property owner.
System Notifications & when they are sent out
1. Reservation Notification
Reservation Notifications are sent out to email address(es) added as recipients in System Notification Preferences. See the section above: How to manage System Notification Preferences
You will be notified when there is:
- New Reservation Received
- Reservation Cancelled
- Reservation Modified (modification from OTA)
- Modification to Reservation with Unmapped Rooms
No Shows Auto-Reported to Booking.com
- This option will only be displayed if the feature "Report No Show reservations from myfrontdesk" is enabled. Learn more: How to report No Show reservations to the channels from myfrontdesk
These notifications will be sent out:
- when creating/confirming/cancelling a reservation from a system and clicking Confirm and Email Guest / Cancel and Email Guest.
- on behalf of certain channels (OTAs) only: Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelbeds, TripAdvisor, Reconline, Agoda), other OTAs are responsible in sending the reservation notification to you.
- if a booking for an unmapped room is imported
- for reservations coming from the Booking Engine, mybookings (new reservation received).
- always in the Property Language.
2. Payment Processing Notification
These notifications are sent out when a transaction is processed on Cloudbeds PMS (if payment processing is enabled). They include:
- Payment processed successfully: When the payment processor processed the transaction successfully.
- Unable to process payment: When the payment processor failed to process a transaction due to some reason.
- Chargeback Notifications / Resolutions (available for Cloudbeds Payments only): When a guest is disputing a charge and the result of the dispute. Learn more: Cloudbeds Payments - How to Handle a Retrieval or Chargeback
These notifications will always be sent out in the Property Language.
3. Drawer Closure Summary
The Drawer Closure Summary is sent out when closing a cash drawer (if the cash drawer is enabled).
The summary will always be sent out in the User's Application Language.