This article includes the most frequently asked questions about Taxes and Fees in Cloudbeds PMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Taxes are a financial charge or other levy imposed upon a taxpayer, contribution to state revenue. For example: VAT(USA), IVA(Europe), ISS(Brazil).
- A Fee is charge in exchange for services. For example: Cleaning Fee, Booking Fee.
Once created, your Taxes and Fees need to be manually assigned to the corresponding sources, so these are applied successfully. See Taxes and Fees - How to apply Taxes and Fees to Reservation Sources to learn more.
- Taxes and Fees: In the invoice summary at the top of the invoice, taxes and fees are always separated:
- Taxes/Fees Types: By default the system will show the total amount of all taxes/fees types on the invoice summary (at the top of the invoice) (1) and each tax/fee transaction in the invoice body (2)
Enable the option to show the tax type breakdown at the top of the invoice:
- Click on Invoicing, under the Payments section
- Click on the Invoicing Settings tab
- Select Show tax/fee specifics on the invoice. If enabled and the property has multiple taxes/fees, a breakdown of the total of each tax/fee will appear on the invoice.
Newly generated invoices will display the tax type breakdown accordingly:
If you have any other questions not included in this article, reach out to our Support Team.