Benefits of Dormakaba integration:
- Issue key cards directly from the Cloudbeds reservation page.
- Check-in process becomes quick and error-proof.
- Duplicate and override the key cards on the same screen.
- No need for front desk staff to work in multiple screens on a regular basis - managers and owners have a greater deal of control.
- All keycard activity is tracked in the Cloudbeds Activity Log.
To connect the two systems, you will need to install the Cloudbeds Integrator app on your Windows computer. This app enables Dormakaba and Cloudbeds to communicate.
It is highly recommended to install the integrator application on the same machine that is running the Visionline software.
- Apps & Marketplace
- Search for Dormakaba
- Сlick CONNECT
- Click DOWNLOAD to install the app on your computer
The Cloudbeds Integrator application can be installed on any Windows host (computer or server) that is reachable via the network from the host(s) where the Cloudbeds PMS is used.
- Click to Save File
- Find the file in your Downloads folder and double-click on it to run the installation.
- If your antivirus software or Windows Defender asks you for permission to run this application click More info
- Select Run anyway
If your Windows Defender or other software asks for any additional permissions, you can give it the permission to run the Cloudbeds Integrator application.
- The installation process will start after all the needed permissions were given.
Click Next to start the process.
- Select I accept the agreement and then click Install.
- Wait until the installation completes. This is typically fast but can take up to a few minutes. Click Finish.
- Start the Cloudbeds Integrator App
- Select Cloudbeds Integrator in All Apps
- Click Yes to allow the Cloudbeds Integrator app to run on your machine.
- Enter your Cloudbeds username and password and LOGIN
- Allow Access for the Integrator app to connect to Cloudbeds
- Install Now
- Add Connection
Enter the details of your Dormakaba software:
- Select Ambiance (by Dormakaba) as a Doorlocks Vendor.
For Service URL:
- If the Cloudbeds Integrator is installed on the same machine as the Ambiance software enter “https://localhost:1619”
- If the Cloudbeds Integrator is installed on a different machine than the Ambiance software, then enter “https://<ip_address>:1619, replacing <ip_address> with the IP Address of the machine which is running Ambiance.
- For Username and Password enter the Username and Password you have set for the PMS Operator Login.
- You can find the username and update the password in the Ambiance software under “Staff Management”.
- Select the Operator Administrator Account and select the Operator Info tab in the right pane.
- Under the PMS Operator Login you will see the Username field, you can use pms as default or adjust to your preference. The password can be added or updated here as well.
- Test Connection
- Click OK to close the Test Connection and Save
The Cloudbeds Integrator is now connected to the Ambiance software and you can continue to configure the Integration.
Cloudbeds needs to know which accommodation corresponds to which door in Dormakaba. The next step is to link the accommodation units from Cloudbeds to the door name in Ambiance.
We have provided a mechanism to import door names into the Cloudbeds Integrator app.
- Open the Ambiance desktop application.
- Select Reports from the Select an application dropdown.
- Select Property Configuration Report in the list on the left side of the screen.
- Check all floors for your property. This can be done by checking the Floor box in the header.
- Click Next to Access Point Types
- Select all types of Access Points
- Click Download dropdown at the top of the report
- Select CSV (comma delimited) and download the report to your computer.
Return to the Cloudbeds Integrator AppЖ
- Click Settings icon on the Ambiance Connection.
- Select the Doors tab.
- Import CSV
- Select the RptPropertyConfiguration report from the location you downloaded it to
- All Doors and Common Areas have been imported into the Integrator app:
- Add your encoders in the Integrator App, Select Settings and then the Encoder tab.
- Click Add Row in the Encoder ID tab and enter the PMS Encoder ID from the Ambiance software for this encoder:
- You can find this under: Ambiance->Device Management->Select the Encoder
- If the PMS Encoder ID is empty, please enter an numeral ID, between 1 and 254.
- Enter in the Name you use to describe the encoder and click Enter to see this encoder added to the first line.
- Add any additional encoders that you use in your property.
Now return to the Cloudbeds Ambiance Settings page:
- Go to Settings
- Click on the View/Edit button for Door Mapping.
- Map the Cloudbeds doors on the left by selecting a door from Ambiance in the dropdown on the right.
If you have an unmapped door, you will not be able to issue key cards for this accommodation.
Natively, Dormakaba doesn't support key cards for dorms.
In this case, you can set up your dorms as “doors” in Dormakaba and map those doors to your Cloudbeds dorm beds.
Access Additional Settings in the Cloudbeds PMS setup page:
- Default Card Expiry Time: allows you to set when the card expires on the check-out date. It’s common practice to leave about an hour of extra time after the standard check-out time to allow for the guests to come in and out of accommodations during their departure.
- Default Number of Keys per Accommodation: will determine how many keys are automatically selected on the Issue Key Card screen. Some property managers prefer to issue only one card for the door, others prefer to give as many cards as there are adults in the accommodation. Customize it to your best fit.
Property owner has to give the permission to Issue Key Cards to the needed user roles in the API Credentials and Integrations section.