It’s hopefully rare that you have major issues with your guests. However, if something serious happens, you can report certain issues directly to Booking.com without leaving Cloudbeds PMS.
This feature only applies to Booking.com reservations and does not block guests from reserving your property in Cloudbeds Booking Engine.
In order to report guest misconduct to Booking.com:
- You will be asked to specify the type of behavior, provide a short description, and select whether you would like to block the guest from making a reservation at your property on Booking.com in the future.
- If you have multiple properties listed on Booking.com and you block a guest due to misconduct at one property, they will also be blocked from all your other properties.
- You can only submit a misconduct report once per reservation.
All existing users with 'Modify Reservations' toggle ON (green) will have the 'Report Guest Misconduct' feature automatically enabled - All the other users will have it disabled by default.
Check below how to enable/disable this permission once you login to your Cloudbeds PMS account:
- Under the 'User Management' section, access 'Roles' tab
- Choose the role in which you want to check the permission and click 'Edit'
- Under the 'Reservation' section, the toggle 'Modify Reservations' needs to be enabled
- Enable the 'Report Guest Misconduct' toggle
- When the 'Modify Reservation' toggle is 'Enabled', this allows the user to toggle on/off each subcategory feature individually (including the 'Report Guest Misconduct' feature)
- In order to activate subcategories individually, the main toggle should be changed to 'Enabled'.
Booking.com only allows you report the following behaviors using this feature:
Disturbing neighbors, verbal abuse, physical abuse, threats
Breaking house rules
Smoking, bringing pets, having a party, breaking quiet hours, violating check-in / check-out policies
Drug use, theft, breaking the law
Leaving the property dirty
Excessive garbage, stains on linens / carpet / walls / furniture
Damage to furniture / doors / windows / walls
Did not pay reservation amount, Did not pay additional fees or taxes
If the behavior falls into one of the above categories, proceed to Step 3 below
The following behaviors can not be reported to Booking.com using this feature:
Invalid credit cards, fraud, and charge back claims
Instead, you must use the channel extranet or contact Booking.com support team directly
Instead, you can report No Shows to Booking.com directly from Cloudbeds PMS - Check out the following article for further details: How to report No Show reservations to the channels from Cloudbeds PMS
Guest misconduct can be reported starting at midnight on the day after check-in and up to 7 days after check-out based on the dates recorded on Booking.com
Before reporting the guest misconduct, please check the following rules:
- Ensure that the guest is checked in before reporting - Reports can not be made about reservations for future stays
- The option to report guest misconduct to Booking.com will be displayed regardless of reservation statuses, however an error preventing the user to report guest misconduct will be displayed when:
- The guest is not yet checked in
- Outside of reporting window (as described above)
- When the user tries to report misconduct more than once
- Channel error
- When the channel is no longer active on Cloudbeds PMS
A modal will be displayed showing the reason. Please check one example below:
Remember that any changes on Cloudbeds PMS to check-in dates, check-out dates, or guest name will not be sent to the channel.
Remember that this action does not block guests from reserving your property on mybookings.
To report guest misconduct, open the reservation associated with the offending guest and follow the steps below:
- Click on Actions menu
- Scroll down and click on Report Guest Misconduct
In order to submit the report to Booking.com, your must:
- Select the behavior category
- Select the behavior sub-category
- Provide a brief description of the issue
- [optional] Select if you want to have Booking.com follow up with the guest / you about the incident
- [optional] Select if you want to block the guest from reserving an of your properties on Booking.com in the future
- Once you are ready, click on 'Report' to send the report to Booking.com
Once you submit the report, you will get one of two messages:
Report successfully sent to the channel - a Success message will be displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the page.
- Report not successfully sent - a red Error message will be displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the page. In this case, try to submit the report again. If the issue persists, visit the Booking.com extranet to directly report guest misconduct or contact Booking.com support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you submit the report, Booking.com receives the information and will now take action from this point forward.
Cloudbeds acts simply as a messenger of information and is not involved in taking action on the report / disallowing guests. If you have any questions or need to follow up on your misconduct report, please reach out to Booking.com customer service directly.
No. This feature only applies to Booking.com reservations and does not block guests from reserving your property on the booking engine mybookings.
There is currently no automatic mechanism to prevent a disallowed guest from making a booking on mybookings, but you can use the following option to control your manual reservations on Cloudbeds PMS : How do I disallow a guest?
If for any reason you want to remove the guest's misconduct or if you reported by mistake, please contact the Booking.com support team directly to check if it's possible to remove it from the guest profile.
No. Myfontdesk only has a "report to channel" feature. In this case, you need to manage further actions on the Booking.com extranet.