Transferring reservations from a previous system and want to add a lot of reservations quickly? Our Quick Import tool is the perfect way to streamline your Cloudbeds PMS setup experience. Follow the instructions in this article.
Property Owner has an access to Reservations page by default. The rest of the users can be given the permission to access this option on the Roles page. Learn more: Roles and Permissions
The manual quick import tool is located on the Reservations page (and also through the Import Reservations page of the interactive Setup Guide inside your account).
- Go to Reservations.
- Click Reservation Import Options icon.
Import reservations into Cloudbeds by filling out the information of the reservation in the fields.
- Select Group Profile and Allotment Block (applicable if Groups feature is enabled).
- Fill out all mandatory fields (marked with asterisk red) and other fields as needed.
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Arrival Date*
- Departure Date*
- Total Room Rate*
When any third party source (e.g. OTA) is selected under the column Source, the column Source Reservation ID becomes mandatory.
This is to ensure that myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds) updates the reservation correctly if a modification/cancellation is made. *If you do not need the source reservation ID to receive future modifications from the channel — you may type any numbers.
For more information, check: Making changes to reservations from OTA imported to myfrontdesk manually
Make sure to fill out all the mandatory fields. Scroll to the right to see all the columns.
- Select other columns to display. All mandatory fields are selected by default.
Note: For PCI compliance and financial security reasons, you cannot add credit card (CC) details through this form. Any CC details will need to be added on the reservation summary page. Check: Reservation Page - How to Add Credit Card Details to a Reservation
Payment Type: Select column if there is a deposit made for the reservation or that it has been paid in full.
- Amount Paid: This column will be selectable if you previously selected Payment Type.
Select Payment Type and Amount Paid columns and fill out the fields. This will save you time instead of going back to each reservation and manually recording the deposit amout to the guest folio.
- Street Address
- Apt, suite, floor, etc
- Postal/Zip code
- If the room rate for each night is different, click the pencil icon (edit) on the Total Room Rate field to modify the rate for each date. Save the changes.
- Click the plus (+) button to add more rooms or x button to remove the room.
Shared dorm room:
When importing a reservation with multiple dorm beds, click the + button to add more beds. Each dorm bed reserved as a separate line with the number of adults for each bed is "1" (by default).
- Click Add Reservation to add more reservations.
- Once done, double check all the information and click Save to complete the manual import.
You will see a pop-up on the right corner of the screen that the reservation has been imported successfully.
If you receive this message "Please check and fix all fields marked in red.", go back and check all the fields. Scroll to the right to see all the columns. See: Fill out reservation details