Transferring reservations from a previous system and want to add a lot of reservations quickly? Our Quick Import tool is the perfect way to streamline your myfrontdesk setup experience.
The manual quick import tool is located on the reservations page (*and also through the "Import Reservations" page of the interactive Setup Guide inside your account).
Please navigate to the reservations page and click on the "Reservation Import Options" icon:
One new page you will see Quick Manual Import tool:
Note: For PCI compliance and financial security reasons, you cannot add credit card details through this form. Any CC details will need to be added on the reservation summary page.
1. All columns marked with a red star are mandatory, but you can increase/decrease the number of optional fields by clicking on "Columns to Display" and choose from the list. The following choices are available:
- Amount Paid
- Payment Type
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Zip Code
2. You can add more reservations by clicking the "Add Reservation" button.
When you select third party source - third party ID column becomes mandatory.
This is to ensure that the channel manager (myallocator) updates the reservation correctly if a modification/cancellation is made.
*If you do not need third party ID of the reservation to receive future modifications from the channel - you may type any numbers.
For detailed information please check this article: Making changes to reservations from OTA imported to myfrontdesk manually
How to edit the cost for specific days:
Click on the edit icon in the "total room rate field" to modify based on specific days.
How to add payment:
For reservations that have a deposit or have been paid in full, when users are importing reservations, it is imperative that they select the type of payment used along with the deposit amount. This will save time instead of going back to each reservation and manually recording the deposit amount to the guest folio.
How to add extra rooms or beds:
- If the reservation that you are adding is for multiple rooms (of the same room type), you will need to add each of them and the date range by clicking on the green "+" sign.
- To remove an added line on a reservation, click on the red "x".
Adding a reservation for multiple dorm beds:
- Add each dorm bed reserved as a separate line and set the number of adults for each bed as 1 (by default). Entering only the first line and adding multiple adults will not properly update your availability. Incorrectly entering the details of your reservations could lead to potential over bookings.
- Click the save button in the bottom right corner to fully add a reservation
- A green check mark will appear to the left of the reservation's name when it has been successfully added.
Please Note: bookings imported manually is auto-set with booking date = -1 day from the day of booking import in order to not overload your dashboard. In addition, reservation log shows the actual date when the booking was added.