Setting up the accommodation types (room types) is one of the most important settings for your property, it must be done correctly.
The accommodation setup affects both your Cloudbeds PMS and your booking engine accounts as well as the inventory and availability of your distribution channels (OTAs).
On Cloudbeds PMS, accommodations can be setup as private or shared dorm rooms (with beds), depending on the actual structure of your property.
Access Accommodation Types
- Click Manage (gear icon).
- Go to the Accommodation Types section.
- Search accommodation type by entering the name.
- If you have both private rooms and dorm rooms, filter by the room type.
You can drag and drop accommodation types to re-order them on your Calendar & Booking Engine.
Create a New Accommodation Type
- For every room type created on Cloudbeds PMS, create the same room type on the OTA's extranet and connect them through the channel room mapping.
- We strongly recommend creating distinct room types (ex: "Standard Dorm" or "Women's Dorm") and not separate individual rooms (ex "Standard Dorm Room 1").
- Creating separate individual rooms instead of room types will make your inventory incompatible with the majority of OTAs. For more information read our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- Click New Accommodation Type.
- Name the accommodation type. Click the language dropdown and enter the name in other languages (will be displayed in the booking engine).
Guests will see the accommodation names you enter. Use regular titles such as "Standard Double Room" or "Deluxe Double Room". The maximum limit is 45 characters.
- Give the room abbreviation which will be displayed on the calendar (optional).
- Select whether the room is a private or dorm (if it's a dorm, select whether the room is gender-specific).
- Enter the number of units.
- Enter the maximum occupancy of the room.
- Select how many adults will be included in the Base Rate (if you want to set an extra charge for additional guests on the booking engine).
- Choose how many children are included in the base rate (for the booking engine only).
- Add a description of the room. Click the language dropdown and enter the description in other languages (will be displayed in the booking engine).
Customize Individual Rooms
If you have several individual rooms within one room type, you may either let the system generate individual accommodation names or customize them manually.
If you want to customize each individual room within one room type:
- Click the Edit button next to the accommodation name.
- Input custom accommodation name.
- Enter a description if desired.
- Upload images (will be displayed on the booking engine only).
Click and drag Individual rooms to reorder them, the order will be reflected on the booking engine and calendar.
5. For dorm rooms, you also have the option to organize the beds into rooms.
Option "Allow guests to book specific accommodations on the booking engine"
In Cloudbeds Booking Engine, you can allow guests to select and book a specific, individual room within the room type.
- Go to Mybookings Settings.
- Tick the option Allow Guests to book specific accommodations on mybookings and select the room type.
Delete an Accommodation Type
Deleting a room type is not recommended and can cause serious issues if not done correctly. Follow the detailed instructions here: How to delete an Accommodation Type in Cloudbeds PMS