Setting up the accommodation types is one of the most important settings for your property, it must be done correctly.
This affects both your myfrontdesk and mybookings accounts as well as the inventory and availability of your distribution channels.
- We strongly recommend creating distinct room types (ex: 'Standard Dorm' or 'Women's Dorm') and not separate individual rooms (ex 'Standard Dorm Room 1').
- Creating separate individual rooms instead of room types will make your inventory incompatible with the majority of distribution channels. For more information please read our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- For every accommodation type created on myfrontdesk, you also need to create it inside the OTA channel extranet and later they can be connected through the channel room mapping.
Accessing the Accommodation Types Page
- Click on the gear icon and go to the Accommodation Types section.
On this page, you can easily see and interact with your inventory.
- You can search by accommodation type name
- If you have both private rooms and dorm rooms, you can also filter by the room type
- You can drag and drop accommodation types to re-order them on your Calendar & Booking Engine
- Click 'New Accommodation Type'
- Name the accommodation type
Remember that guests will see the names you input. We recommend using normal titles such as 'Standard Double Room'. Note that the maximum character limit is 45 characters.
- Give the room abbreviation which will be displayed on the calendar (not mandatory)
- Select whether the room is a private or dorm (if it's a dorm, you may select whether the room is gender-specific)
- Enter the number of units
- Enter the maximum occupancy of the room
- Select how many adults will be included in the Base Rate (this is useful in case you want to set an extra charge for additional guests on mybookings)
- Choose how many children are included in the base rate (for mybookings only)
- Add a description of the room
If you have several individual rooms within one room type, you may either let the system generate individual accommodation names or customize them manually.
In case you want to customize each individual room within one room type:
- Click the Edit button next to the accommodation name.
- Input custom accommodation name
- Enter a description if desired
- Upload images (will be displayed on mybookings only)
Individual rooms can be re-ordered and the order will reflect on the booking engine and calendar.
5. For dorm rooms, you also have the option to organize the beds into rooms.
Allow Guests to book specific accommodations on mybookings as configured above
- Go to 'Mybookings Settings'
- Tick the option 'Allow Guests to book specific accommodations on mybookings' and select the room type
Refer to this article to learn more: How to sell individual rooms on mybookings
Please refer to How to delete an accommodation type in myfrontdesk for detailed information on this topic.