The Base Rate Adjustment functionality allows you to set rate differences for the distribution channel (OTA) connected to Cloudbeds PMS.
This rate difference is channel-specific. For example, you can have 5% discount from your base rate (standard rate) only for Booking.com and not the other OTAs, you would configure (-) 5 % for every room type in Base Rate Adjustment section in Booking.com channel mapping.
The rate differences can be set in a Percentage Amount (e.g +10 %, -10%) or a Fixed Amount in the property's currency (e.g +20 USD,-20 USD).
Base Rate Adjustments Settings
The base rate adjustment feature will be displayed in the channel mapping step.
To access it,
- Go to the Channels tab inside the Distribution page
- Search for the channel you want to configure and click to manage
- Next to the Base Rate Adjustment, click to View/edit:
- To adjust all the room types at once, click on Adjust all, add the adjustment, format (Percentage or fixed amount) and click to apply.
- To enter the adjustment individually for each room type, enter the amount in the Base Rate Adjustment field and then select if the amount is in percentage or fixed amount.
- Click next step to proceed to the next page.
- Currently, we support 3 digits to the right of the decimal point
- If you need to manage rates considering the taxes, consult this article: Applying Taxes and Fees to Reservation Sources
- Verify your Currency Setting and click to continue to save all the changes.
The base rate adjustment is complete. You can check the channel extranet to confirm that the rate is higher or lower than the standard rate configured in Cloudbeds according to the adjustment configured in this step.