The article describes the possible errors which you may receive during Airbnb API connection to myfrontdesk and their solutions.
If you need assistance in resolving the error - please contact our Support team at email@example.com.
Issue: If the listing was 'Unlisted' before the connection with myfrontdesk - it will remain 'Unlisted' after the connection. You will not be able to change the status of the room directly in Airbnb because the room is now synced with myfrontdesk.
1) Stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk
2) In Airbnb change the listing status to 'Listed'
3) Sync the rooms again (follow the Connection Guide)
Issue: The Base Nightly Price of your listing is not correct and it is also greyed out on Airbnb blocking you to edit the price.
1) Go to Airbnb API mapping page and click the 'Update' button for the listing with incorrect Nightly Base Price
2) Click on 'Import settings from Airbnb (API) extranet'
3) Scroll down to 'Price Settings' section and input the correct amount in the 'Listing Base Nightly Price' field
4) Click 'Save and Sync'
5) Click 'Next' until you see the message "You are done!"
Issue: During full refresh the system responds with an error "Myallocator request sent to Airbnb via API hasn't passed validation process. Details: [Your daily price is too low/high. The minimum/maximum is ...]".
It means that the rate you're trying to send to Airbnb from myfrontdesk is out of the minimum/maximum daily rate limitation on Airbnb.
Your rates on myfrontdesk must be within your Airbnb rate limitations - Review your myfrontdesk base rates
- If there are rates lower than $10 USD on myfrontdesk, we highly recommend to increase the rate using Base Rate Adjustment on the mapping page - This is a minimum rate limitation from Airbnb, rates below $10 USD are not accepted.
Reach out to Airbnb Support team to assist you with changing the minimum/maximum daily rate.
Double- check your Currency settings
- Make sure that the currency configured for the channel Airbnb on myfrontdesk is correspondent to the currency setup on Airbnb extranet.
- To check the currency on Airbnb, go to your Airbnb account > Host > Manage Listing > Select your listing which will open a new page > Pricing > Base Price > Currency
- Inside myfrontdesk, match the currency for the channel Airbnb (API) on the 'Currency' page. Go to the following article to learn more: How to set up currency for channels
Issue: "We are very sorry but a software error has occurred. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any steps you might have taken which reached this screen"
Solution: In most cases this issue may occur because of technical problems in the system. Please contact us at email@example.com to investigate and fix the issue.
Issue: "Failed: Myallocator request sent to AirBnb via API hasn't passed validation process. Details: [Invalid value: available_count. This listing's property type does not support multiple inventories]"
The error occurs if the property type on Airbnb is set to 'House'.
Solution: Change the property type to any other type:
Issue: The reservations can be automatically declined on Airbnb if the maximum number of guests for a listing doesn't match between myfrontdesk and Airbnb.
- The max number of guests is configured to 5 for the Airbnb room listing.
- On myfrontdesk, the max number of guests (max occupancy) of the same room is configured to 3.
- A guest made a reservation for 4 people.
- Airbnb will allow this reservation to be created since the number of guests is below the maximum configured in their system, but the booking will be marked as 'declined' in few seconds.
This happens because when a booking is created on Airbnb, the channel sends us a request to check availability to attempt making the reservation. Our system will send back unsuccessful result to the channel meaning the booking cannot be made since the number of guests is more than the max occupancy set for the room and the reservation gets declined.
Solution: Match the number of max guests on Airbnb and myfrontdesk for all mapped listings.
Issue: API Communication Error (also from backlog Customer Support can see the code of the error - "403")
1) The reason why you may receive this error is because your user who is requesting the authorization of Airbnb + myfrontdesk - is not the Airbnb listing owner (your user may be co-owner). The only user who is allowed to manage the listing to establish the connection is the main Airbnb owner.
2) Another reason of the error is that your Airbnb user (who is trying to authorize Airbnb to sync with myfrontdesk) has a flag on his profile. That means that the user must log in to their Airbnb account and follow the process to review the listing standards.
Issue: "Myallocator request sent to Airbnb via API hasn't passed validation process. Details [Pass through taxes are not available..]"
This error indicates that the taxes configured in the mapping process are not allowed by Airbnb. Please reach out to Airbnb at https://www.airbnb.com/help to request their assistance on this issue. For more details on how taxes work on Airbnb, please visit: How do taxes work for hosts?
Issue: When accessing the Channel Distribution page you encounter the following error:
This problem happens when Cloudbeds App has been disconnected from Airbnb extranet or your AirBnb account password has been reset.
Solution: The connection between myfrontdesk and Airbnb API needs to be reset. Please check the following solutions for each scenario:
Make sure to log out from any Airbnb account on your browser as the system may connect to that account automatically.
1) Cloudbeds/Myallocator App is disconnected from Airbnb extranet
Go to Airbnb API channel mapping on myfrontdesk
- Click 'Reauthorize'
- On the pop up window, tick 'I agree to the Airbnb Additional Terms of Service'
- Click 'Allow'
2) Airbnb account password is reset
Go to Airbnb API channel mapping on myfrontdesk
- Click on the 'Reauthorize' button
- On the pop up window, click on the Airbnb logo and then log out
- Click on the Airbnb logo once again and then log in
- Enter your Airbnb login details with the new password
If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.