If a reservation was created by mistake or there is another reason to completely get rid of a booking from the myfrontdesk system - you may delete it. This will fully remove the reservation and all related data from the system.
- Deleting the reservation can NOT be undone - you can't restore the deleted booking. You must recreate the reservation by adding it manually using the information from emails/OTA (see section 'Is it possible to restore deleted reservation' below).
- Deleting a reservation will also delete all the information related to the booking: guest data, transactions, data in reports.
- Cash transactions: if you add cash transaction to reservation AND drawer - the cash amount will remain in cash drawer summary even after deleting the reservation (please note that only cash amount will be in report, without source, guest name etc). The cash transaction will be erased from all the reports.
1. Go to the reservation and click the 'Actions' button
2. Click 'Delete Reservation'
3. Confirm the action by clicking 'Delete'
Once the reservation is deleted - it cannot be restored in one click as all the data was erased fully from the system.
As a workaround you may restore the booking manually:
1) Gather the reservation details (from reservation notifications received by email; if booking came from OTA/channel - you may gather the info from the channel extranet; if you have saved the guest details - you may contact him/her to confirm the reservation details).
2) Manually create a reservation in myfrontdesk based on gathered information
If you can't find a reservation in myfrontdesk and want to check if it was deleted and by whom, you may use the Activity Log to see all the bookings deleted in a specific period.
1. Go to the Activity Log
2. Enter the date range when the booking was deleted (if known). If you want to see all bookings deleted from the first day of using myfrontdesk - leave unselected.
3. Select filter 'Reservation removed' and click 'Apply'
4. Check the list of the reservations deleted (log is limited to show res #, source and source res #)
5. Clicking ? tooltip shows the user who deleted a booking
Access to deleting a reservation can be limited to specific roles. In order to enable/disable deleting a reservation for a specific role follow the steps below:
1. Go to Roles
2. Click pencil icon
3. Enable/disable the permission 'Delete reservation'
This permission is always enabled for property owners