Stripe is one of the most popular payment processors we connect with. This guide will walk you through the process connecting Stripe to your myfrontdesk account.
Starting September 14, 2019, new European regulatory requirements called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) will introduce requirements for 2-factor authentication on many payments in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) Cloudbeds strongly recommends you to use Stripe payment integration so that you can leverage 3D Secure 2.0 for all SCA-impacted payment transactions.
For further information about 3D Secure, please, check out this article from our knowledge base: 3D Secure CSA Regulation - Everything you need to know
Before you can connect to the latest Stripe version, you will need an account. They are available for businesses located in 34 countries and accept payments from anywhere in the world. If you already have an account, please continue.
If the instructions in this article are not similar to what you see in your account, please update your Stripe account to the latest version. See section: Update your Stripe connection (if you have the old Stripe version)
- In your myfrontdesk account, go to Manage > Payment Options
- Activate the Payment Gateway Feature
- Choose Stripe from the list and click 'Click To Connect'
- A new window from Stripe will pop-up. Enter the login and password for your Stripe account and click 'Continue'.
- In the next screen, please make sure that you are logged in to the correct account, especially, if you have multiple Stripe and/or Cloudbeds accounts. Then click 'Connect my Stripe account'.
If the credentials entered are incorrect you will receive the below error. Make sure that you have entered the information correctly. If you are certain the credentials are correct, you can try to reset your Stripe account password and try again.
Check if you have the old version
- In your myfrontdesk's account, go to Manage > Payment Options
- Scroll down to your Payment Gateway settings
If Stripe is displayed as Stripe (Deprecated) means that you are still using the old version
Updating your Stripe Connection
- Click on "Change"
- Change the Gateway from Stripe (deprecated) to Stripe
- Click to Connect and follow the steps described on steps above: Connecting your Stripe account to myfrontdesk
European Economic Area (EEA) based accounts
If you're based on the European Economic Area (EEA), the 3D Secure settings is mandatory:
Non-European Economic Area (EEA) based accounts
If you're not based in the European Economic Area (EEA), the 3D Secure feature is optional, but Stripe allows you to use the benefits of the 3D Secure feature.
If you wish to disable please make sure that all 3D secure settings are set to disable
Click here to learn more about this feature: 3D Secure Card Payments