Stripe is one of the most popular payment processors we connect with. This guide will walk you through connecting Stripe to the Cloudbeds system.
1. Make sure you are already signed up with Stripe:
Before you can connect to Stripe you will need an account. They are available for businesses located in 25 countries and accept payments from anywhere in the world. For a full list of compatible countries, please refer to their website.
- If you are located in a supported country: Sign up here.
- If you are not located in a supported country: Stripe offers a service called Atlas to easily incorporate a U.S. company, set up a U.S. bank account, and start accepting payments with Stripe. You can request an invite through their site.
2. Go to the Stripe API Keys Page:
From Stripe's support site:
Your API keys are located in your account settings.
If you do not see your API keys, this means that you have either Read & Write or Read Only access, and are not an administrator for the account.
You will need to get in touch with the administrator of your account for the API keys or to request that they make you an administrator in the account's team settings.
3. Copy and paste the Stripe Secret API Key
Copy and paste the Stripe Secret API Key from the Stripe API Keys page into the field with the same name in the Payment Gateway options.
Note: Make sure that there are no additional spaces before or after the API key. This can cause your connection to be rejected by Stripe.
4. Click the blue "Connect Gateway" button and then "Save"
5. Stripe should now be connected!
You may also want to run a test transaction to verify that everything is fully setup.