In myfrontdesk you can set and edit the base rates of specific accommodation for any period, including certain days of the week and minimum/maximum length of stay and closed to arrival/departure limitations*.
We currently have 2 options to add or edit Base Rates: from Base Rates tab (also sometimes referred to as the BAR or "Best Available Rate") and from Availability Matrix. On this article, we will cover both options.
*Important: base rate is valid for all channels (manual reservations in the system, booking engine mybookings and connected channels/OTAs.).
Some OTAs do not allow setting minimum and maximum length of stay limitations and closed to arrival/departure limitations, click here for more details.
How does more availability help me get more bookings?
Loading plenty of availability – both long-term and last-minute – means you are more visible to more bookers and thus more likely to get bookings. For some OTAs, like Booking.com the availability you load lets us market your property on channels like Google, not to mention our thousands of affiliate partner websites – from airlines to comparison websites – so we can make sure you are seen by an even wider, more global audience.
Also, travellers like to plan ahead, so you will appear in more search results for if you load availability further out into the future. We recommend at least 1 year to 16 months of future inventory, and to keep this updated continuously.
How to Add Base Rates
You can set several Base Rate intervals for one accommodation with different rates and restrictions.
Example, "High Season" interval with higher rates and MinLos set, and "Low Season" interval with lower rates and without restrictions.
1. In myfrontdesk click 'Rates and Availability' tab and open 'Base Rates' page
2. Select the accommodation type to add base rates to
3. Click 'Add Interval'
4. Type the name of the interval (use the title which will help you to find specific interval, for example, "high season", "fall 2018")
5. Set the interval period
6. Set MinLos restrictions if applied (for the whole interval)
7. Set 'Closed to Arrival/Departure' restrictions if applied (for the whole interval)
8. Select on which days of week the interval is available
9. Set the rates for selected days of week
Note: unselected day of week or rate set to 0 means that the room is not available for booking for base rate.
10. Click 'Add Interval'
The interval will appear in the table under accommodation type
11. Click SAVE to finish
The availability matrix allows you to visually update inventory for a single day or an entire date range. You can use the "Long-Term Interval" to update multiple dates and room types at the same time, or click the top number (or check box) for each specific date within the intervals table to update the availability or close the date.
To add your base rates, follow the steps below:
- Access Availability Matrix page
- Click on 'Long-Term Interval'
3. Select which accommodations the room rate will be applied
4. Select interval dates to apply the room rate
5. On Interval Settings, select 'Base Rates'
6. Set the base rate amount on the right side
7. Choose if there are certain days of the week to set
If you subscribed for Premier or Enterprise Cloudbeds package, when you select 'Base Rate' under the Interval Settings menu, the system displays a few more options (Set Amount, Increase, Decrease). These options will be used when you need to update an existing interval (check further info on the "Editing Base Rates" section of this article)
8. Click on "Add Date Range" to add one more interval
9. Once you finish, click on 'Add Interval'
Click on 'Save' to apply the changes.
Editing Base Rates
If you want to edit the rate for one or few days - it's faster and easier to do through Availability Matrix (option 2) or directly on Calendar (option 3)
Once you change the daily/base rate of the accommodation from Availability Matrix or Calendar - corresponding Base Rate interval will be automatically modified
On the Base Rates page, you can edit and also delete the interval added by clicking on the icons below:
Editing Interval which Overlaps Existing Interval
If you add new interval which date range overlaps the existing interval - the system will throw a notification asking whether you want to proceed and showing how the system will modify the existing interval.
1) you created 'High Season' interval from mid-2018 until beginning of 2019.
2) then you added interval 'Holiday' from in June 2018. It overlaps 'High Season' interval
3) the system will throw the following alert. If you click 'Confirm' the system will automatically create 3 intervals by breaking existing interval into 2 and pasting new interval between them.
When you access the Availability Matrix Page, you can use the "Long Term Interval" button to overwrite existing long term intervals or the Availability Matrix Table to update one day at-a-time.
Please check both options below:
If you want to edit the rate for a few days (long term intervals) - it's faster and easier to use the Long Term Interval option.
- Please note that Price Differentials functionality does not apply to price changes within Long Term Interval block
- The rate changes will not be applied for the dates with 0 prices or dates without rates
Click on the long-term interval button
- Select the Accommodation for which you want to edit the base rate
- Choose the dates for which you want to apply the new price
- Select the days of the week for which you want to apply the changes
- Choose "Base Rate" under the Interval Settings Menu
If you subscribed for Premier or Enterprise Cloudbeds package, when you select 'Base Rate' under Interval Settings menu, the system displays a few more options:
- Set Amount - the user needs to specify the rate amount for the selected room types and selected dates
- Increase - this increases current base rates for the selected room types/dates by the specified % or amount)
- Decrease - this decreases current base rates for the selected room types/dates by the specified % or amount)
5. Choose if you want to set a new Amount, Increase or Decrease the existing prices
- If you chose Increase or Decrease - select % or $, and the system will apply the changes accordingly
- If you chose Set Amount - enter the new price value
6. Click on Add Interval and then click Save
If you subscribed for Premier or Enterprise Cloudbeds package, you can use the Price Differentials feature to update your rates easily and quickly when using the Availability Matrix Table.
If you have the Differentials configured, hitting "Enter" after entering the value for the Base accommodation will also update all linked accommodations automatically (except the dates with 0 price).
Navigating away from the cell after entering the value will not result in updating the linked accommodations.
Use this option if you want to change one date at-a-time