The custom payment method allows properties to add their own payment types accepted at the property.
How to add a new payment method
All custom payment types will be available internally (when adding a payment within the folio or house account). They will not be available on your connected channels (OTAs).
- Click +Add Payment Type
- The Payment Method Type is Custom by default
- Enter your custom payment label/name
- Click SAVE to save your payment method
- You will see the new payment type appear in the table with status Active
How to disable or delete the payment method
Deactivated custom payment methods will still be listed in the field Description within the Transactions Report.
- Switch the toggle off (grey) next to the payment method. This will deactivate the payment method, you will not be able to add this payment type going forward.
You can always return to this page at a later time to reactivate the payment type.
- Or click the (x) button to delete the payment method permanently.
- Click DELETE
Deleted custom payment methods will still be listed in the field Description within the Transactions Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
The payment options will appear when adding a payment to a reservation or a house account. All payments added with these payment types will likewise appear on the reports.
No. These payment types can only be recorded within the application. They may not be used on Booking Engine booking engine.
Yes. All previously added payments will appear on the reservations, house accounts, and also reports. Deactivating a payment method will no longer allow you to add that payment type going forward.