Not all channels support rate plans, while others offer extremely customizable features for varied pricing. In this article we will describe how you can work with different rate plans configured on the channels. To allow the greatest level of flexibility, myfrontdesk sends out a single, standardizing rate across all your channels. This helps ensure a consistent sync across your multiple OTAs.
Important: Rate plans and packages functionality which is available in myfrontdesk is not shared or synced with any OTAs or distribution channels. They will only appear for manual reservations in the system and online reservations through your property's website and Facebook booking engines. Click here to find more about this functionality.
- Not all channels support rate plans, while others offer extremely customizable features for varied pricing.
- Myfrontdesk and myallocator (Cloudbeds channel manager) send out a single default rate for each room type.
- This is often used by channels, when you set the price of the room type for the max occupancy in your PMS, but you can still configure single use rates on the channels directly.
- Other rate plans can still be created on the OTAs, but they need to be configured as derived from the standard rates.
In this case, you can still use dynamic rate plans by creating them inside of the channels extranet based off of the standard rate sent from myfrontdesk. This allows you to make the most of each distribution channels unique pricing features.
Channels which do support rate plans:
- Most hotel-based channels.
Channels which do not support rate plans:
- Most hostel and vacation-rental based channels
For further information on how to set booking.com rate plans, please follow the steps in this article from the myallocator knowledge-base: Booking.com - Using Rate Plans to set multiple rates
Myfrontdesk uses your base rates to set the default rate of the room in question. From there, when your channel account is setup properly, you can have various rates that are derived (created from) that set base rate.
Example Rate Plans:
Example Room Type:
- 4 Person Queen Room
- Base rate sent from myfrontdesk: $100
In a distribution channel which supports rate plans, you could have the following rate plans derived and displayed to your customers:
Occupancy-based (per person):
- 3 People: Base rate -$10 (rate = $90)
- 2 People: Base rate -$20 (rate = $80)
- 1 Person: Base rate -$25 (rate = $75)
- Non-Refundable: Base rate - 15%
- Early Booker: Base rate - 10%
- Date specific (ex: High season): Base rate + 25%
These are just examples. The values you set while creating these rate plans in your channel are completely up to you and any agreements you have made with that OTA.
Note: In order to set up rate plans on a distributional channel, you will likely need assistance from your channel account manager on that site.
1. Contact your channel account manager, and ask them to setup a Rate Plan that is derived from the standard rate send by Cloudbeds (or myallocator - channel manager by Cloudbeds).
2. This step must be completed by your channel account manager. Myfrontdesk (PMS by Cloudbeds) cannot set these up in your channel's extranet.
3. Once the derived rate plan is setup properly, myfrontdesk will manage your "standard" rate plan, and any other rate plans that you have setup on the channel will be based off of that.