In 1995, VRBO introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with people looking for places to stay. VRBO's purpose is to give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together.
VRBO has grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries. The channel offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month.
Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) is part of the HomeAway family.
- Calendar Based Channels only support: Availability updates, Booking downloads, and Automatic Adjustments.
- They do not support rates. Enter rates directly into the HomeAway extranet.
- Even though VRBO is owned by Expedia, it is not possible to make the connection to this channel through Expedia.
- Cloudbeds does not control how frequently calendar channels poll us for availability, so it can take 0.5 to 2 hours for availability to reflect on the channel. Please confirm this interval with your HomeAway Account Manager.
How to connect VRBO/HomeAway to Cloudbeds PMS
On your HomeAway dashboard, obtain your HomeAway export calendar URL:
- Click on Import & Export tab
- Click on Export Calendar
- Uncheck the option Include Tentative Reservations in the calendar export.* This will stop all guest inquiry reservations coming through the iCal.
- Click on Copy URL to copy the HomeAway calendar
*Leaving this option unchecked will prevent the following situation:
Calendar-based channels do not support cancellations. Also, all inquiry reservations are considered as "confirmed bookings" and not tentative.
When the guest books the room on HomeAway, even if it's only a tentative, the system will send this reservation as confirmed to Cloudbeds PMS. It means that this reservation will close your availability.
The property needs to cancel the existing reservation in Cloudbeds PMS, so they will be able to clear it in the HomeAway calendar allowing the guest to book.
If the guest decided not to make the reservation, the request would expire after 24 hours on HomeAway side, but the reservation remains on Cloudbeds PMS because the property needs to manage cancellations manually.
- Paste the HomeAway URL in your Cloudbeds PMS account
If you need to sync additional calendars: select a new listing on HomeAway and repeat the steps above for all of your HomeAway rooms.
- Once you finish all your room types, on Cloudbeds PMS, click to Continue
HomeAway has several brands such as Stayz, FeWo, Abritel, VacationRentals.com, Toprural, Bookabach, Alugue Temporada and others.
Within Cloudbeds, we only accept HomeAway or VRBO URLs, but it does not mean that you can not connect the listings from other brands. Follow the steps below in order to connect other HomeAway's brand.
Let's take Alugue Temporada listing as an example. Here's the URL:
When you paste Alugue Temporada URL, you will probably see the error message below:
To fix this, replace the highlighted part from www.aluguetemporada.com.br to www.homeaway.com and keep the rest of the URL exactly the same:
Cancellations from a calendar channel cannot be transmitted to any 3rd parties (including myallocator, - Channel Manager by Cloudbeds).
Since myallocator (Cloudbeds PMS channel manager) is unaware of any Calendar Channel cancellations, you must manage the inventory manually.
- Guest books your property and the booking is sent to myallocator (channel manager)
- Guest cancels the booking
- Myallocator is unaware of the cancellation
- You must log in to Cloudbeds PMS and cancel the booking manually (by changing the reservation status to canceled)
On the following article, learn How to Cancel a reservation.