Elavon is one of the Payment Gateways Cloudbeds connects through the Payment Processing Feature.
You will need these Elavon API credentials to connect the gateway to Cloudbeds PMS:
- The SSL Merchant ID is the same as your Elavon account ID
- User ID and Pin
- Login to your Elavon account: https://www.convergepay.com/converge-webapp/#!/login
- Click User > Find / Edit
- Click Find. There's no need to enter any detail there.
- Click the User ID which you are looking the PIN for.
- Click Terminals.
- Copy the PIN from this page and paste it on Cloudbeds PMS.
Things to note
- Our Elavon connection is through Elavon Converge, not Elavon Fusebox. If you are attempting to connect through Elavon Fusebox, you will need to contact Elavon support and request to switch to their Converge/VirtualMerchant software.
- Contact your Elavon sales or technical support representative and ensure that your account is enabled for “eCommerce” and not just “Phone/Catalog”.
- If you want to enable IP Address Options, add the following IPs to your account: 146.088.098.245 and 146.088.098.236. If the connection is still not working, we recommend disabling the "IP Address Filter" feature in Elavon.
- Make sure your Payment Gateway is active.
- If it is, contact Elavon support to verify if your account is set up properly
Make sure the user ID being used for Payment Processing has all the rights configured in Elavon. Follow the instructions here to find your users and then click on Rights to configure it accordingly.
Elavon currently doesn't support Russian Cyrillic, so you need to change the guest name to Latin alphabets on the credit card details, otherwise the following error will be received:
Here is how the name was mentioned in the system:
Solution: Access the reservation and click on the credit card tab. Then, edit the name of cardholder from Cyrylic to Latin letters.
Problem: your Payment Processing Report shows a "PICK UP CARD", as shown below.
This is a decline notification sent by your bank. This error message is due to either the card has expired and no longer being in circulation or because the credit card has been reported stolen.
Solution: Reach out to the guest directly to obtain another credit card so you could process the payment.