In order to be able to configure Elavon as your payment gateway you need to have a Payment Processing feature enabled for your account.
You can check more details about this feature here: Payment Processing Overview
Configuring your Elavon Payment Gateway
- On your myfrontdesk account, click on Manage and choose Payment Options.
- Select Elavon from the list and enter the credentials provided by Elavon or your bank
- The SSL Merchant ID is the same as your Account ID
- For User ID and Pin, follow the instructions here.
- Click Connect Gateway
The credentials to be entered here are not the same ones you used to login to their extranet, but the API Credentials.
If you can't find your credentials, you can search for them on your Elavon account.
Login to your Elavon account here
- Click on User > Find / Edit
- Click on Find in the form. There's no need to enter any detail there.
- Click on the User ID you are looking the PIN for
- Click on Terminals.
- Copy the PIN from this page and paste it on myfrontdesk.
Things to Note
- Our Elavon connection is through Elavon Converge, not Elavon Fusebox. If you are attempting to connect through Elavon Fusebox, you will need to contact Elavon support and request to switch to their Converge/VirtualMerchant software.
- Contact your Elavon sales or technical support representative and ensure that your account is enabled for “eCommerce” and not just “Phone/Catalog”.
- If you want to enable IP Address Options, please add the following IPs to your account: 146.088.098.245 and 146.088.098.236. If the connection is still not working, we recommend disabling the "IP Address Filter" feature in Elavon.
- Make sure your Payment Gateway is active.
- If it is, contact Elavon support to verify if your account is set up properly
Make sure the user ID being used for Payment Processing has all the rights configured in Elavon. Follow the instructions here to find your users and then click on Rights to configure it accordingly.
Elavon currently doesn't support Russian Cyrillic so the client would need to change the guest name to Latin alphabets on the CC, otherwise the following error will be received:
Here is how the name was mentioned in the system:
Solution: Please, access credit card section and edit the name of cardholder from Cyrylic to Latin letters.