Cloudbeds booking engine allows guests to choose PayPal as a payment method to pay for their reservation deposit using their PayPal accounts.
This article will walk you through the process of setting up PayPal as payment option for your guests. PayPal Payflow is not the same as a regular PayPal account. Learn more here
See the most Frequently Asked Questions about PayPal in this article PayPal Payment Option - FAQ and Troubleshooting
Where to Begin
- Click on the Gear icon
- Click on Payment Options
- Go to Paypal tab
- Switch the toggle Activate/Deactivate to green (active)
- The deposit amount for reservations created via the booking engine will be transferred directly to your Paypal account and the payment will be posted automatically to your guest's folio.
- Reservations which were made with PayPal come into myfrontdesk without credit card details. It means that if you setup a policy to charge a deposit that is any less than 100% your staff will have to contact the guest to ask for credit card details in order to cover the remaining balance.
- In case you decide to deactivate PayPal as your payment option, all the records of added payments will still appear on the reservations and also reports. Deactivating a payment method will no longer allow you to add that payment type going forward.
- Once it's active, enter the Email Address that your PayPal account is registered.
The funds will automatically be withdrawn and transferred to this account, unless, you have a setting inside PayPal that requires you to review the payment first.
- Enter the Token - PayPal token is required if Payment Data Transfer is activated in Website Payment Preferences section of your PayPal account
7. Enter the First Name of the person the account is registered under
8. Enter the Last Name of the person the account is registered under
9. Click SAVE to complete the process