This article will walk through reservations details
Login to Myfrontdesk account and click on "Reservations" tab
Here is a short overview of the functionalities available on this page:
- "Create New reservation" button will take you to the reservation creation page
- Reservation Filter (you can use filters to export your reservation list)
You can search by Date Booked, Check-in Date, Check out Date, Reservation Status, Room Types or Sources
- Reservations Import Options, Export reservation, Print reservations list
- Reservations list
- Use the icon to search reservation by guest name or reservation ID
- Bulk Action Button: The system allows you to check in, check out, add payments or delete several reservations at once
To access the reservation and check more details, click on the guest's name
On every page of a reservation's details, you can see the following options:
Guest Name and Reservation ID - (the reservation ID is a reference number created by the system automatically.
Reservation ID cannot be changed
- Reservation Status - (Confirmed, Confirmation Pending, Canceled, In-house, Checked out, or No Show)
- Guest's Status - Learn more about this feature here
Action Button - under the drop-down menu, you have few options:
*Email Invoice / Generate New Invoice
*Email Guest's Folio / Compose a custom message to your guest
*Print Folio / Print Confirmation / Print Registration Cards
*Export to XML / XLS or PDF
- Balance Due - The drop-down menu, on the right side, displays further details regarding the deposit, subtotal, any additional items, tax, and the grand total. It also displays any amount that has already been paid.
Beneath this top bar, there are six tabs, here is a short summary of each:
6. Accommodations - Information about the rooms of the reservation and the ability to edit the specifics.
7. Folio - Financial details of the reservation (room rates, pending transactions, additional items already posted). This page contains filtering options, you can add/refund payments, adjust charges, add an item.
8. Guest details - Information for each guest on the reservation. Additional guests are also added here.
9. Credit Cards - Any debit or credit cards attached as a method of payment. If there is no credit card on file, you can also add one. Even though you can add a debit card number in this area, it will be recorded as a credit card payment method. In our system, "Debit card" payment method does not specify card type (Mastercard, Visa, Dinners, etc) or its numbers.
On this page, you will be able to manage transactions using payment gateway feature (if enabled and configured)
10. Notes - Additional space for miscellaneous details, special requests, or important reminders. You can keep notes active or archive notes that you do not need anymore.
11. Documents - Upload files and other documents to attach to the reservation; example: passport. Can be for both the reservation as a whole and/or separated by guests.
12. Reservation Activity - Activity log related to a particular reservation. Shows all changes made by the system and/or user(s).
13. E-mail messages - Show all emails for that reservation (sent, delivered, failed, scheduled).
This feature is similar to the Email Delivery Log, but it only includes emails belonging to this reservation.
Under accommodations tab, you have more features available:
- Edit Reservation - if you need to update check in date, check out date, add rooms/beds, click on this button to proceed with all necessary changes
- Res ID - The number of the reservation provided by the system
- Type of Accommodation
- Assignment - If you do not have "auto assignment" enabled, you can assign the room/bed here. Doing this, the reservation will be displayed on the calendar page. Un-assigning the room does not mean that you are canceling the reservation.
- Guest - the drop-down menu shows additional guests (if the reservation has more than 1 guest)
Guest - number of guests/children added to the reservation
Total - total amount of reservation (except additional items)
- Occupied - Use this option to check-in/check-out the guest
Edit - Drop-down menu which contains:
Quick Edit - you can quickly edit the check in/check out date and slip the reservation
Edit Price - you can quickly edit the room rates. In order to keep accurate information, do not edit posted room rates using this feature. Access guest's folio in order to proceed with the adjustment.
Edit Reservation - It'll take you to the main reservation page
Delete Accommodation - keep in mind that you can not revert this action.