This article will walk you through the reservation details
Log in to myfrontdesk account and click on "Reservations" tab.
Here is a short overview of the features available on this page:
- 'Create New reservation' button will take you to the reservation creation page
- Reservation Filter (you can use filters to export your reservation list)
You can sort reservations by Date Booked, Check-in Date, Check-out Date, Reservation Status, Room Types or Sources.
- Reservations Import Options, Export reservation, Print reservations list
- Reservations list
- Use the Reservation Filter option to search reservation by a guest's name or reservation ID
- Bulk Action Button: The system allows you to check-in, check out, add payments or delete several reservations at once
To access the reservation and check more details, click on the guest's name.
On a reservation page you can see the following options:
- Guest Name and Myfrontdesk Reservation ID - (the reservation ID is a reference number created by the system automatically and cannot be changed/customized
- Reservation Status - (Confirmed, Confirmation Pending, Canceled, In-house, Checked out, or No Show).
Note: All OTA reservations get imported to myfrontdesk with the status 'Confirmed.'
3. Guest's Status - Learn more about this feature here.
4. Action Button - under the drop-down menu, you have few options:
- Email Invoice/Generate New Invoice
- Email Guest's Folio/Compose a custom message to your guest
- Print Folio/Print Confirmation/Print Registration Cards
- Export to XML/XLS or PDF
- Delete Reservation
5. Balance Due - The drop-down menu on the right side displays further details regarding the deposit, subtotal, any additional items, tax, and the grand total. It also displays any amount that has already been paid.
6. Reservation Information - the display will vary depending on the type of reservation it is (Canceled vs. direct vs. OTA reservations).
Below are the default fields:
- Nights: the total number of nights
- Reservation Date: the date the reservation was made
- Guests: the total number of guests
- Estimated Arrival Time
- Source: where the reservation was made
- Rate Plan(s)
For OTA reservations, there are a few extra fields available:
- Cancellation #: more details on canceled OTA reservations can be found here
- Cancellation fee: this amount is NOT included in your balance due nor calculated towards your reservation total. It is there for informational purposes only. If the fee comes in as a zero value, we will show that on the reservation. This just means that the reservation was canceled but per your policy on that channel, no cancellation fee was issued to the now-canceled guest. IMPORTANT: we will only display this for OTA's that do send us this information.
- Payment Type: Hotel Collect vs. Channel Collect
- Guest(s) Gender: for channels that send us information about a customer's gender, as well as, the count of males/females per reservation, myfrontdesk will display that information.
This is only available for OTA reservations and only for OTA's that do send us this information. It is also not possible to edit this information inside myfrontdesk.
- Origin: the original booking source used by the guest to make the reservation. Detailed information on this can be found here.
Beneath this top bar, there are eight tabs. Here is a short summary of each:
7. Accommodations - Information about the rooms of the reservation and the ability to edit the specifics.
8. Folio - Financial details of the reservation (room rates, pending transactions, additional items already posted). This page contains filtering options; you can add/refund payments, adjust charges, or add an item.
9. Guest details - Information for each guest on the reservation. Additional guests are also added here.
Guest Details section may include fields with guest's Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Such fields will be marked with the eye icon. When a user clicks this icon - it will be noted in the activity log.
Property Owner can control who can view and edit PII guest's data on 'Roles' page.
10. Credit Cards - Any debit or credit cards attached as a payment method. If there is no credit card on file, you can add one. Even though you can add a debit card number in this area, it will be recorded as a credit card payment method when adding a payment under 'Folio' tab (for example, it will be listed as "Credit Card x0000 (Visa)" instead of "Debit Card x0000 (Visa)".
On this page, you will be able to manage transactions using payment gateway feature (if enabled and configured).
11. Notes - Additional space for miscellaneous details, special requests, or important reminders. You can keep notes active or archive notes that you do not need anymore.
12. Documents - Upload files and other documents to attach to the reservation; example: passport. Can be for both the reservation as a whole and/or separated by guests.
Types of supported files which can be uploaded: pdf', 'rtf', 'doc', 'docx', 'txt', "jpg", "jpeg", "png", "gif", 'csv', 'txt', 'xls', 'xlsx'
13. Reservation Activity - Activity log related to a particular reservation. Shows all changes made by the system and/or user(s).
14. E-mail messages - Show all emails for that reservation (sent, delivered, failed, scheduled). Refer to this article to learn more: How to track email messages
This feature is similar to the Email Delivery Log, but it only includes emails belonging to this reservation.
Under the accommodations tab, you have more features available:
- Edit Reservation - a tool that allows you to alter the details of your reservation, which includes changing the length of stay and number of guests. For in-depth details on how to edit the stay dates, please refer to this article: How to change the Check-in / Check-out dates.
- Res ID - the unique reservation ID generated by the system. Each subsequent room after the first will have the same ID with a number added to the end of it. Ex: 8675309, 8675309-2, 8675309-3, etc.
- Type - the type of accommodation assigned to the reservation
- Assignment - the specific room number assigned to the reservation. If you do not have the "auto-assignment" feature enabled, you can assign the room/bed here. Doing this, the reservation will be displayed on the calendar page. Un-assigning the room does not mean that you are canceling the reservation.
- Guest - the drop-down menu shows additional guests (if the reservation has more than 1 guest)
Arrival/Departure Date: check-in / check-out dates of the reservation
Guest - number of guests/children added to the reservation
Nights - the total number of nights
Total - total amount of reservation (except additional items)
- Occupied - shows whether or not a specific room is occupied yet by the guests in the reservation. You can also use this option to check-in or check-out guests.
Edit - Drop-down menu which contains:
- Quick Edit - you can quickly edit the check-in/check-out date and split the reservation
- Edit Price - you can quickly edit the room rates. In order to keep accurate information, do not edit posted room rates using this feature. Access guest's folio in order to proceed with the adjustment.
- Edit Reservation - this will take you to the main reservation page
- Delete Accommodation - keep in mind that you can not revert this action