This feature requires the Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher/equivalent.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your market manager if you'd like to upgrade.
This article will walk you through the process on how to set up item categories and items for your property in myfrontdesk.
Create item category so it's easier to sort the items and add them to reservations by selecting the category first.
1. Open 'Item Categories'
2. Click '+New Item Category'
3. Enter Category Name
4. Enter Category Code
5. Select the category color (will be displayed on folio)
6. Click 'Save item category'
7. You can now edit or delete the category
Items configured on myfrontdesk cannot be mapped and synchronized with your OTAs. Check out the following guide on how to handle Items & Services in OTAs reservations: How to handle Items & Services in OTAs reservations
1. Open 'Items and Services'
2. Open tab 'Items and Services'
3. Click '+New Item'
4. Add item name
5. Select item type
6. Enter item SKU (Stands for “Stock Keeping Unit”. A SKU is a number or string of alpha and numeric characters that uniquely identify a product. For this reason, SKUs are often called part numbers, product numbers, and product identifiers)
7. Enter item code
8. Select item category (or create one)
9. Enter item description
10. You can make notes mandatory when adding this item to reservations or house account
11. Enter item price ( or check the box 'This item does not have a price')
12. If needed apply the tax or fee to the item
13. If you use Stock Inventory select whether you want to track stock inventory for this product. Learn more here: Stock Inventory
14. Click 'Save Item'
The item will appear in the list. You can re-order the list, edit the item, copy it or delete.
Go to this article to learn how to add an item to the reservation: How to Add Item to Reservation