The Stock and Inventory tool is an add-on feature that allows you to monitor the quantity of the product (items) that is currently available for sale at your property.
The Stock and Inventory tool allows you to:
- Define the products you want to keep an eye on and set up an initial inventory count - As each product is sold, the system will automatically remove it from stock
- Set minimum stock quantities per product and receive Low Stock alerts
- Set lower limits to automatically suspend sales of a specific product
- Monitor Low Stock, Items Sold (daily, monthly, quarterly, annually), and Items Sold per User with powerful reports
A user must have the permission granted by the property owner to manage stock in the roles page to be able to use/manage the stock inventory feature.
You can set up the stock inventory of an item while creating the product in the items and services page or by editing its configuration by following the steps below.
In the Products page,
- Go to the Items and Services tab
- Click to edit the item
- Uncheck the option "Do not track stock inventory for this product" - If this box is not selected, the system will update the quantity available whenever a transaction is posted.
- Current Stock Quantity - enter the quantity of the product that is currently available for sale at the property
- Reorder Threshold Quantity - if you would like to be notified when the current stock quantity of the item reaches this quantity, enter the quantity here. If you do not want to be notified, leave this field empty. Threshold quantity should typically be lower than available quantity.
Select when you would like to stop selling the product:
- Never stop selling - even if the remaining quantity of the product reaches to zero or below, it will continue to be available for sale.
- Stop selling the product when the remaining quantity reaches - insert the number
- Click to save.
When functionality is first released and enabled, the system will not know the Current Stock Quantity nor the Reorder Threshold Quantity. As a result, the system does not need to keep track of quantity until these values are set.
In the Reorder Notifications tab, you can create a list of recipients that will receive reorder notifications of the items (products) that have reached the limit threshold that you have set in Items & Services with the Stock Inventory tool.
In the Products page,
- Go to Items and Services
- Open the Reorder Notifications tab
- Click to Add Recipients
- Select users from the staff
- Or add any other email
- Click to save
- You can add any number of recipients for a notification that arrives via email when certain item reaches the stock threshold. Recipients can be users or any other email address.
- You can delete the recipients anytime by clicking on the x button next to the email.