In Cloudbeds PMS, you can create and customize email templates to send to your guests. This article will walk you through the benefits, limitations and the difference between default and custom email templates in the system.
- Saves time - no need to create a new email from scratch each time you want to communicate with your guests
- Promotes Consistency - making sure the email layout and description follow your property standards and guidelines
- Reduces human error - the format and writing are ready to be sent which prevents typos, misspelling or even incorrect information
- Simplifies inbox management - employees don't have to spend as much time laboring over what to say in each email
- Custom templates can be scheduled - emails can be automatically programmed to be sent according to pre-defined criteria, such as check-in or check-out dates. Learn more: Email Templates - How to schedule emails for your guests
- In HTML style emojis are not supported for the email templates and adding them may cut off your text. It's planned to be fixed in the future release. Until then, avoid using emojis in templates.
- Only the font types (Open Sans, Arial, Times New Roman and Verdana) displayed on the email template creation will work.
- Coding on the email template will not work on the actual email sent.
- Default emails can be activated or disabled only by Property Owner, Organization Owner and Organization Admin.
- The Merge tag [table] does not work in custom email templates (created by the user).
- If you want to use a business email address as sender (e.g. email@example.com, follow this guide).
The system uses property email address by default in the "reply to" field. But you can change it to another email if needed.
Two Types of Email Templates in Cloudbeds PMS
There are two types of email templates in the Cloudbeds PMS: the default (pre-existing templates) and the custom (created by the property). Check their details below:
Once your Cloudbeds account is created, there will be 5 or 7* email templates created by default:
- Reservation Invoice
- Reservation Folio
- Reservation Confirmed
- Reservation Canceled
- Pending Confirmation
*If you have Groups feature enabled:
- Default emails can be activated or disabled only by Property Owner, Organization Owner and Organization Admin. To edit the email template, click the gear icon, and then click Edit. Make sure you use a custom email solution if you deactivate the default emails. Learn more: Default Email Templates in Cloudbeds PMS
- When editing the email template, do not include any comma in the From Name and Reply-to Name fields as it will cause an error in sending the email message from the system.
Custom email templates are the ones that can be created and customized to be sent later by the property in Cloudbeds.
- You can use the merge tags to populate data to them automatically. For example, the tag [start date] will automatically populate the check-in date for that guest. Learn more: Email Templates - How to use Merge tags (shortcodes)
- Custom emails can be sent manually from reservation or be scheduled according to determined criteria. Learn more: Email Templates - How to schedule emails for your guests
The merge tag [table] which auto-populates the reservation rates does not work for custom email templates.
Check Email Templates - How to create Custom Email Templates for more information.
- Default Email Templates in Cloudbeds
- Email Templates - How to create Custom Email Templates
- Email Templates - Frequently Asked Questions
- Email Templates - How to schedule emails for your guests
- Email Delivery Log - How to track emails sent from Cloudbeds PMS
- Email Templates - Troubleshooting common errors while creating a Custom Email Template
- Email Templates - How to send automatic confirmation emails to my Cloudbeds Booking Engine guests