This article will walk you through the process of setting up Bank Transfer as a payment option for your property in Cloudbeds PMS. During the setup, your Onboarding coach will help make sure that the proper information to receive bank transfers for your property is accurate but in the event, it needs to be changed then please follow the steps below.
Please note that you can use this method to receive payments and any surcharge that the individual banks add to use this service is at your own expense.
How to set up Bank Transfer as a payment option
Follow the steps below:
- Click on Payments
- Payments Options
- Access Bank Transfer tab
- Switch the toggle Activate/Deactivate to green (active)
- Select where you want to allow this type of payment type:
- Direct / Dashboard Reservations
- Mybookings Booking Engine
- Enter all the required information to receive the bank transfers
To ensure that your guests have the correct information, make sure to list your property and bank addresses somewhere in this section along with all the bank account details. This will help ensure that payments are processed efficiently.
- You can also add all the details in other languages
- Click SAVE to complete the process
Frequently Asked Questions
There could be some reasons as to why you are not able to see the Bank Transfer as a payment option:
1. Mybookings Booking Engine was not selected in the setting
Make sure to select Mybookings Booking Engine when setting up Bank Transfer as an option, otherwise, it will be hidden from your booking engine page.
2. You do not collect deposit payment at the time of booking
Bank Transfer will only show up on mybookings when you have deposit amount configured in your Policies.
If the option Do not collect deposit payment is selected, the Bank Transfer option will not show up since there will be no deposit amount showing for your guests to pay. You must configure the deposit amount by choosing the deposit type under your Policies.
- Click Policies
- Under Deposit, choose one of the following options Percentage, Fixed Amount or First Day Price
- If you had chosen Do not collect deposit payment at the time of booking and enabled the option to capture the credit card details, the system will ask guest to put their credit card details instead (if Credit Card is enabled as your Payment Option for mybookings).
No. All previously added payments will still appear on the reservations, house accounts, and also reports. Deactivating a payment method will no longer allow you to add that payment type going forward.