This article will walk you through the process of adding promotion codes to special rate plans and packages for your property in myfrontdesk.
Important: Promo Codes will not be shared with the rate plans that are synced with Distribution Channels. Meaning, guests can not use the promotional codes when booking through a third-party.
These promos will only be available for walk-ins or direct bookings via your booking engine on your website or Facebook.
1. Click on '+NEW RATE PLAN' button
2) Add Public Rate plan/package name
3) Enter the private Rate Plan Name
4) Choose whether your rate plan will be derived (selecting 'Yes' will give an option to increase/adjust percentage or certain sum to your Base Rates)
5) Next to 'Promotion Code' section select 'Yes'
6) On this field type the promocode for the package
Once you start typing the code, a promotion link will appear to the right
Promo code field isn’t case sensitive
Due to the system's limitations, the maximum value that can be input as a discount is 99.99%
You may also add Policies, Add-ons and Images for your rate plan under Promotion Code section but this is not mandatory
7. Scroll down to Availability section and click '+ Add Interval' button
8. Click on the 'SAVE' button to finish editing Interval, then click 'SAVE' to complete creating Rate Plan
Here you may add Start Date (9) and End Date (10) of the package as well as select for which room types the rate plan with promo code will be available (11).
You can also setup a the price for the additional guest (12). Here you will be able to choose to use same price for additional guest existed for the base rate or to use a different price for this specific rate plan.
On this section you can also manage different restrictions like MinLos, Cut-Off Policy but these fields are not mandatory
Once rate plan/package has been saved, it will appear on Rate Plans page.
If the Rate Plans & Packages already exists and you want to add the promotion code, simply click on the pencil icon and follow steps 6-7.