This report is used to submit guest's data (either direct entry, or export/import) as government requirement in many countries.
By default, this report is not activated for all accounts. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it turned on.
Before Getting Started
The government requests that every guest should be displayed on this report. To follow the government procedures, check the following information before running the report:
- For the guests to be displayed on the Police Report, they must have rooms assigned to them inside the reservation. Check more information about assignments here.
- If there are multiple guests in the same room, make sure every guest's profile is created and assigned to a room under the Guest Details section.
Under Accommodations tab, click each guest's name under the Guest column drop-down to assign the room to all of them.
- Double check if reservations from OTAs and Booking Engine have all the guests assigned to the reservation.
- When the reservation contains multiple rooms or beds, by default the primary guest is assigned to all the accommodations and this on its turn makes the guest appear in the police report as many times - as many accommodations they are assign to. Make sure to add and assign the right guest to each accommodation.
Check out this article on how to add and manage additional guests on a reservation: How to Add and Edit Guests on a Reservation
- Navigate to Reports
- Select Government & Police Reports
- Click on Police Report
When you first navigate to the screen, you will see a table format showing a list of all in-house guests.
By default, only in-house guests will be displayed on the Police report, but you can filter by reservation status and also customize the exported version to display other statuses.
Refer to the section Configure the exported report below.
- Filter by reservation ID, customer name, room type, check-in/check-out dates, condition, status or reservation status.
- Configure how the report is exported.
- Export this report based on the configurations you set up.
Condition is used to determine whether the data for that guest has already been sent to the police, and if it has, whether it needs to be re-sent. All the guests will be listed on the report regardless of condition.
- New - As soon as a room is checked in, all the guests (including additional guests) that are assigned to that room will be added to the police report with a condition of New. All guests that are in-house will always have a New condition until it is manually updated to a different status.
- Sent - After you submit the list of in-house guests to the police, go to the report, select the list of guests that were sent, and update the condition of those guests from New to Sent.
Modified - The system will automatically change the condition to Modified if any of these changes occur:
- Arrival date changed
- Departure date changed
- Room Type changed
- Room Number changed
- Guest name is changed
After sending the report to the police or if you need to edit a condition:
- First select the guest name.
- Change to your desired condition (usually it's changed to Sent).
- Click the Change Condition button.
You can configure the exported police report to how you need it.
- Choose which fields will be included.
- Change the field order by clicking and dragging.
- Add additional custom fields.
- Choose an export file type (.pdf, .txt, .xls, .csv, .dat).
- Change the guest name format.
- Change date format.
- Choose whether to export all or based on condition filter.
- Select option to exclude guests that are from same country as your property.
- By default, only In House status will be selected. If required, choose other statuses to be displayed on your report.
- Set all of your options and click Save. These settings will be used when clicking the Export button at the top right of the page.
If a user exports data from this report, all pages will be exported, not just the records on the page the user is viewing.