This report is used for submitting (either direct entry, or export/import) due to the government requirement in many countries.
By default, this report is not activated for all accounts. Please email email@example.com to have it turned on.
The government requests that every guest should be displayed on this report. In order to follow the government procedures please check the following:
- All guests should have an accommodation assigned to a room in order to be displayed on the report.
- For multiple guests on the same room, make sure that all guests' profile were created and assigned to a room under the Guest Details section
- Double check if reservations from OTAs and Booking Engine have all the guests assigned to the reservation
Check out this article to know how to manage/add additional guest on a reservation: How to Add and Edit Guests on a Reservation
1. Navigate to Reports
2. Select 'Police Report'
When you first navigate to the screen you will see a table format showing, a list of all in-house guests
By default, only in-house guests will be displayed on the police report, but you can filter by reservation status and also customize the exported version to display extra statuses. Please refer to the section 'Configure the exported report' below.
- You can filter by reservation ID, customer name, room type, check-in/check-out dates, condition, status or reservation status
- You can configure how the report is exported (Please refer to the section 'Configure the exported report' below)
- You can export this report based on the configurations you set up
Condition is used to determine whether the data for that guest has already been sent to the police, and if it has, whether it needs to be re-sent. All the guests will be listed on the report regardless of condition.
- New - As soon as a room is checked in, all the guests (including additional guests) that are assigned to that room will be added to the police report with a condition of “New.” All guests that are in-house will always have a “New” condition until it is manually updated to a different status.
- Sent - After you submit the list of in-house guests to the police, go to the report, select the list of guests that were sent, and update the condition of those guests from “New” to “Sent.”
Modified - The system will automatically change the condition to Modified if any of these changes occur:
- Arrival date changed
- Departure date changed
- Room Type changed
- Room Number changed
- Guest name is changed
After you have sent the police report or if you need to edit a condition:
- First select the guests
- Then change to your desired condition (normally you will be changing to Sent)
- Finally click the Change Condition button
You can configure the exported police report to how you need it.
- Choose which fields will be included
- Change the field order by clicking and dragging
- Add additional custom fields
- Choose an export file type (pdf, txt, xls, csv)
- Change the guest name format
- Change date format
- Choose whether to export all or based on condition filter
- Select option to exclude guests that are from same country as your property
- By default, only 'In House' status will be selected. If required, choose extra statuses to be displayed on your report.
Set all of your options and click save. Now when you click export it will use these settings.
Remember that all guests should have an accommodation assigned to a room in order to be displayed on the report. For multiple guests on the reservation, make sure that all guest's profile were created under Guest Details section
Check out this article to know how to manage additional guest on a reservation: How to manage multiple guests on a reservation
If a user exports data from this report, all pages will be exported, not just the records on the page the user is viewing.