This report is used for submitting (either direct entry, or export/import) due to the government requirement in many countries.
By default, this report is not activated for all accounts. Please email email@example.com to have it turned on.
Before Getting Started
The government requests that every guest should be displayed on this report. In order to follow the government procedures please check the following information before running the report:
1. All guests should have an accommodation assigned to a room in order to be displayed on the report. Check further information about assignments here.
2. For multiple guests on the same room, make sure that all guests' profile were created and assigned to a room under the Guest Details section.
Under Accommodations tab, click on each guest name under the Guest column drop-down to assign all of them
Double check if reservations from OTAs and Booking Engine have all the guests assigned to the reservation. Check out this article to know how to manage/add additional guest on a reservation: How to Add and Edit Guests on a Reservation
1. Navigate to Reports
2. Select Police Report
When you first navigate to the screen you will see a table format showing, a list of all in-house guests
By default, only in-house guests will be displayed on the Police report, but you can filter by reservation status and also customize the exported version to display extra statuses. Please refer to the section Configure the exported report below.
- You can filter by reservation ID, customer name, room type, check-in/check-out dates, condition, status or reservation status
- You can configure how the report is exported
- You can export this report based on the configurations you set up
Condition is used to determine whether the data for that guest has already been sent to the police, and if it has, whether it needs to be re-sent. All the guests will be listed on the report regardless of condition.
- New - As soon as a room is checked in, all the guests (including additional guests) that are assigned to that room will be added to the police report with a condition of New. All guests that are in-house will always have a New condition until it is manually updated to a different status.
- Sent - After you submit the list of in-house guests to the police, go to the report, select the list of guests that were sent, and update the condition of those guests from New to Sent.
Modified - The system will automatically change the condition to Modified if any of these changes occur:
- Arrival date changed
- Departure date changed
- Room Type changed
- Room Number changed
- Guest name is changed
After you have sent the police report or if you need to edit a condition:
- First select the guest name
- Then change to your desired condition (normally you will be changing to Sent)
- Finally click the Change Condition button
You can configure the exported police report to how you need it.
- Choose which fields will be included
- Change the field order by clicking and dragging
- Add additional custom fields
- Choose an export file type (.pdf, .txt, .xls, .csv, .dat)
- Change the guest name format
- Change date format
- Choose whether to export all or based on condition filter
- Select option to exclude guests that are from same country as your property
- By default, only In House status will be selected. If required, choose extra statuses to be displayed on your report.
Set all of your options and click save. Now when you click export it will use these settings.
If a user exports data from this report, all pages will be exported, not just the records on the page the user is viewing.
Although the SEF Portugal police use the same text file format (.dat), exporting in .dat format will not meet the SEF Portugal police requirement.