Below you can find descriptions on how to use the blocks available on the calendar.
With this option, you can block a room:
- Option 1: Click on + and select Block Dates
- Option 2: Click on check-in and check-out dates of possible future reservation next to the room to be blocked and select Block Dates
- Select dates
- Enter the reason
- Click save
If you have Split Inventory feature, there will be an option to block linked accommodations.
Courtesy Hold is a type of block which holds certain accommodation for specific number of days/hours for a guest. You may create a courtesy hold on calendar and convert it into a reservation in case the guest has confirmed the hold. This room will be blocked in the system, booking engine and all connected OTAs for the period of time that is set.
The system will automatically remove the courtesy holds where the check-in date is already in the past. This will happen regardless of the length of the hold.
E.g. A room hold is created with the following conditions:
- Creation date: 27-04-2021
- Check-in date: 27-04-2021
- Check-out date: 03-05-2021
- Length of hold: 3 days
If the courtesy hold is not confirmed before the 27th is over, the system would release the hold on the 28th at 0:00.
- Option 1: Click on the [+] sign on the calendar and select Courtesy Hold
- Option 2: Click on check-in and check-out dates of possible future reservation next to the room to be blocked and select Courtesy Hold
- Fill in the courtesy hold details. Enter/Select the following details:
- Start and end date of the hold
- Accommodation to be blocked - if creating block directly on calendar, the accommodation will be selected beforehand
- Guest's First and Last Name
- Length of hold and its format - If you enter 2 and select format in days - the block on calendar will be hold for 2 days
- Enter the guest's contact details: email and phone
Holding a room will remove that accommodation from available inventory for the length of time you allotted. Once the time has passed, the hold will release and your room inventory will be available for booking.
- Click SAVE to save the courtesy hold
The hold will be displayed on calendar in dark blue color as shown below.
Drag and drop to move the hold to another accommodations or rooms like any other confirmed reservation.
By clicking on the hold you may:
Confirm and convert the hold into a reservation
- Once you click on Confirm Reservation, you'll be redirected to the New Reservation page where you may start creating booking for guest holding a room
Cancel the hold
- Will remove the hold from calendar and release your inventory for sell
Edit the hold
- Will open a window to change any details of the hold
- Option 1: Click on + and select Out of Service
- Option 2: Click on check-in and check-out dates of possible future reservation next to the room to be blocked and select Out of Service
- Select Dates
- Out of service blocks will look like this on the calendar:
Everything that you change on the calendar will affect your availability!