When customers look for your business today, they will start by Googling your destination. If you have worked to establish a good online presence, customers will be able to find the name of your business and information such as your phone number, address, business hours, and more.
A Google My Business profile allows you to manage your online presence across the entire Google platform. Once claim ownership of a Google My Business profile, you can access and edit all of the information that appears in your listing from the business hours and the location to any photos.
Before You Get Started
- In order to be listed in Google Hotel Search, your property needs to have a claimed Google My Business Profile.
- At the moment, Vacation Rentals are not eligible for a Business Profile. Click here for further details from Google support.
- A high quality Google My Business Profile is valuable for your business and helps your property turn lookers into bookers.
We always keep our knowledge base content updated, but if you notice that the following instructions or screenshots are not accurate due to Google's updates, click here to check Google's article.
If you have any questions about Google My Business, reach out to Google support team directly.
Open the Google My Business page and follow the step-by-step instructions below to create your business profile with Google My Business:
- Click on Manage now
- Sign in to your Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account, create one
- Enter the name of your hotel and click Next
Enter the address of your property and click Next
- If your address does not geolocate, you may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your property on a map
- Select your Business category and click Next
- Enter a phone number or website URL for your hotel
Select a verification option
- Most postcards or other verification methods arrive within 14 days. When it arrives, sign in and click Verify Now
- Enter the verification code and click Submit
- Google takes up 2 weeks to match a property
- Your Google My Business listing must match with the information loaded into Cloudbeds - Check the following article for further details: Google Hotel Search - All you need to know
If you need help with your Google My Business account, we recommend you to contact Google My Business support team directly:
Visit the Google My Business help center and follow the steps below:
- Scroll down and click on Contact us
- Describe your issue
- Share issue details
- Click Next step for contact options
- Choose your preferred contact option
- Complete form and click on Submit