This article will walk you through the steps to create your Google Business Profile.
When customers look for your business today, they will start by Googling your destination. If you have worked to establish a good online presence, customers will be able to find the name of your business and information such as your phone number, address, business hours, and more.
A Google My Business profile allows you to manage your online presence across the entire Google platform. Once claim ownership of a Google My Business profile, you can access and edit all of the information that appears in your listing from the business hours and the location to any photos. A high quality Google My Business Profile is valuable for your business and helps your property turn lookers into bookers.
Before getting started
- To be listed in Google Hotel Search, your property needs to have a claimed Google My Business Profile.
- Learn about the Guidelines for representing your business on Google
- See the following Google's article to Sign up and review your business information.
Create your Google Business Profile
Enter the address of your property and click Next
- If your address does not geolocate, you may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your property on a map
- Select your Business category and click Next
About vacation rentals:
In Google's words: "For your vacation rental property to be eligible on Google, your property must provide a furnished space that’s private to the guest who’s renting it. A vacation rental must also accept short-term, overnight reservations and be managed and cleaned in-between stays."
Learn more in the following Google's articles:
- Enter a phone number or website URL for your hotel
- Select a verification option
- Most postcards or other verification methods arrive within 14 days. When it arrives, sign in and click Verify Now
- Enter the verification code and click Submit
- Google takes up to 2 weeks to match a property
- Your Google My Business listing must match with the information loaded into Cloudbeds. Check the following article for further details: Google Hotel Search - All you need to know
If you need help with your Google My Business account, we recommend you to contact Google My Business support team directly:
Visit the Google My Business help center and follow the steps below:
- Scroll down and click on Contact us
- Describe your issue
- Share issue details
- Click Next step for contact options
- Choose your preferred contact option
- Complete form and click on Submit