The Rate Manager is a tape chart, similar to Myfrontdesk Calendar or Availability Matrix. It lists all your room types, availability, base rates, rules/alerts triggered (if any), and events (if any). It allows you to make base rate changes, accept/deny manual rules or review all rules that have already been applied (manual or automated) and update your prices across room types with a click.
- Click PIE icon in the top right corner of Myfrontdesk
- Go to Rate Manager page
There are 2 views available in Rate Manager: Calendar and List. You can choose between them by using the toggle at the top of the page.
On the calendar you may:
- Refresh the data: if there have been any changes to the inventory, which triggered any rules/alerts, a [!] sign will appear on the refresh icon
- Jump to any date in the future to see the rules/alerts triggered
- Review overall occupancy for any date in the future
- Review availability per accommodation type for any date in the future
- Check the rules/alerts triggered
- Change the daily accommodation rate
- Approve/deny a manual occupancy rule
- Review Min/Max limits reached: red triangles indicate days where Min or Max limit has been reached (for more details about Min/Max limits please visit this article)
- Review applied rules: blue triangles indicate days where rules have been applied (manually or automatically)
- Set Price Differentials: set the prices for room types derived from base room (for instructions on how to use this tool see section "Setting Price Differentials")
Accommodation Details is a popup window that contains additional data that will help you make pricing and stay restrictions decisions for any given day in the future.
It can be accessed by clicking on different areas of the date cell in the Rate Manager Calendar:
- Clicking on the Alerts opens the popup on the Rules & Alerts tab, showing all pending rules that need approval as well as any other rules that have been applied/denied for the selected date/room type
- Clicking on the red/blue triangle in the corner opens the pop-up on the Rules & Alerts tab, showing the rules that reached the Min/Max pricing limits, applied rules as well as any other rules that exist for the selected date/room type
- Clicking on the Availability number opens the pop-up on the Property tab, showing additional details about the selected date/room type
Accommodation Details window allows you to perform the same actions as the Rate Manager but for a specific date/room type that is currently selected. It also provides additional information and functionality that is described below in more detail.
In the Accommodation Details window you may:
- Select a date in the future that you want to review
- Select a specific room type
- Review statistics for the selected date/room type (Availability, ADR, Rooms Sold)
- Update values for the selected date/room type (Rate, MinLOS, MaxLOS, CTA, CTD, Block)
The next section of the Accommodation Details window provides additional information and functionality.
Insights and Rules
- Shows Occupancy, Arrivals, Departures and Stayovers for the selected date/room type
- Under Availability section you can see the Availability and Rates for all room types (accommodations) for the selected date
This tab shows competitors' prices for the selected date. You can use the dropdown to show lowest or highest prices of the competition.
Rules and alerts tab
This tab shows all triggered rules for the selected date/room type with a detailed description of the rule, current overall occupancy and the date/time when rule was triggered.
You can also approve or deny rules from this view or check whether the rule was approved or denied.
This tab shows all existing events for the selected date (if any).
You can exit out of the Accommodation Detail popup by clicking outside of the window. All changes will be automatically saved.
You can also access Accommodation Details window while making rate changes in the Rate Manager. The data will be synchronized between the 2 windows and will transfer to the Rate Manager from the Accommodation Details if any changes are made there.
"Set Price Differentials" allows to pre-set price differences between your accommodation types derived from the base room type with a click.
Please note: this affects manual rate changes (by the user) only and does not affect automated rate changes/rules. Also, price limits do not affect these settings.
1. Go to Rate Manager and next to the first room type click on the link "Set Price Differentials"
Clicking on this link opens a modal window where the user is offered to set Price Differentials for their accommodations
2. Select Base Accommodation (the differentials will be derived from the rate you will put for this accommodation) by checking the box in the column "Base"
- At least one Base Accommodation needs to be selected
- Multiple Base Accommodations are allowed, as shown in example below
3. Then differentials are added for the rest of the Accommodation Types to derive their rates from the Base.
Options available for differentials:
- + (increase)
- - (decrease)
- % (calculates percentage of the base price)
- $ (adds/subtracts an amount from the base price)
4. Save the settings and go back to Rate Manager.
Enter the price for any of the previously selected Base Accommodation ("Test 1” or "Test 3" in example below) and click 'Enter' or anywhere on the calendar
- Base Room Type is reflected in the Rate Manager with a green star
- If more than 1 Base Accommodation were selected in the Price Differential modal window - user can enter the rate in the Rate Manager for any of the Base Accommodations: all other Base Accommodations will be filled in with the price equal to the first one that the user entered.
5. The prices are now updated for that date for all Accommodation Types according to pre-set differentials:
List view of the Rate Manager makes it convenient for you to review and act on many rules at the same time.
In this view you may:
- Apply a Filter to view the rules that match certain parameters (Date Range, Rule Type, Room Type, Rule State)
Default pre-settings for filter section are:
- From: today's date
- To: today's date + 30 days
- Type: all selected
- Room type: all selected
- Rule state: all selected
2. After applying the filter, you will see the corresponding list of Rules/Alerts with multiple columns that provide more details (Alert/Rule Type, Name, Room Type that the alert/rule was triggered for, Date Triggered, Date Applied for, Price Change for occupancy rules, Status)
3. The last column (Actions) allows you to approve/deny individual rules from this view
You can also use the Bulk Actions feature to approve/deny many rules at the same time.