This guide will walk you through the process connecting First Data e4 Global gateway to your myfrontdesk account. Please note that this gateway is only availabe in Canada and United States.
To connect First Data e4 to your Cloudbeds account, you will need the following credentials from First Data e4:
- Gateway ID: Found in the administration terminal settings of your First Data e4 account.
- Gateway Password: A specific password for your terminal, this is not your First Data login password.
The required gateway credentials can be found by following the steps below:
- Log into your First Data e4 account
- Under 'Tasks in the right hand menu, choose 'Terminals'
- Click on the desired Terminal
- On the 'Details' tab, scroll down to your Gateway ID.
- Below that, the terminal's password can be viewed and/or generated
In order to connect this gateway to your myfrontdesk account, please visit the following article for further details: Payment Processing Setup
If the First Data asks about the name of the software and manufacturer, you can inform: 'Tokenex'.
This happens when you attempt to process a refund directly on myfrontdesk. The error message is provided by the gateway and it's linked to a configuration within your property's First Data account. Please reach out to your First Data Account Manager to go over the available options that you have regarding Refund settings. They are the following:
- Option 1 - Disable Refund Authorization
- Option 2 - Allow First Data (Payeezy Gateway) to settle approved refund authorizations only. Rejected refund authorizations to be handled by the merchant.
- Option 3 - Allow First Data (Payeezy Gateway) to settle all refund authorizations regardless of the approved/declined/rejected status responses from the Card Issuers.