In this article you can find the details about the Cash Drawer feature and how to use it by multiple users.
How to Create a Cash Drawer
- Click on the crash drawer icon in the top right corner on your dashboard
- Select Create/Modify Cash Drawers
- Click on + Cash Drawer
- Add the drawer name
- Add the Starting balance - the amount of cash in the cash drawer at the beginning of the shift
- Click on Save Cash Drawer
How to Access and Manage your Open Drawers
Once you open a cash drawer, you can have more control of your cash transactions.
In order to manage and check the cash transactions:
- Select Access Open Drawers
On this page, you can:
- Select the desired cash drawer
- Check the summary for the selected drawer
- Filter transactions by account#, Reservation#, Room#, and name. You can also group them by date, room, guest name, and reservation #
- Add or remove cash - once you chose from either of these two options, you will be able to add the cash amount that you are adding or withdrawing and also leave a note to this action. It will not be connected to any reservation
- You can check the cash drawer transactions and their total
If you are using the Multi-Currency feature, you will be able add or remove cash in foreign currencies. Click on the following article to learn more: Multi-Currency - How does it work with Cash Drawer?