A2P 10DLC refers to a system that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers. It improves message delivery and carrier filtering. Check in this article how to register.
- Whistle for Cloudbeds customers need to register their business for A2P 10DLC. You will need to follow the instructions below, in order to fill out your business information and submit your application.
- Currently, it takes up to 15+ Business days for A2P 10DLC SMS Registration to be fully approved. All outbound messages will be blocked unless your number is registered.
- If you have submit any incorrect information (such as the Legal Company Name), the system will only allow you to make corrections after your Registration has been fully rejected by Twilio. When that happens, you will get an email notification alerting the Registration has failed.
As of December 5th, 2022, the required fields were changed due to regulation changes for US carriers (AT&T & TMobile). Providing false information could result in additional fees, penalties, and other repercussions by telecom providers.
How to configure SMS Settings for A2P10DLC
- Go to the Company tab
- Select Messaging Services
- Click to Edit Settings in the SMS card
A2P 10DLC Registered Messaging submission form will be displayed, fill out the new required details:
- Legal Entity Name (must match EIN)
- Industry - hospitality will be set by default
- Type (Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, Co-operative, Sole Proprietor)
- Business Identifier Type (EIN, DUNS, CCN, CN, ACN, CIN, VAT, VATRN, RN, Other)
- Business Registration Identifier number
- Company Type
- Website (complete URL <https://www.website.com>)
- Primary Business Contact
- Click to Submit
- Be sure to fill out the form with the Legal Business Details, matching IRS records related to the EIN.
- The new details will not be saved if you navigate away from the page prior submitting the form.
- Volume and Frequency: An estimate of the number of messages to be sent on a regular basis, as well as the frequency of messaging.
- Opt-in and Opt-out Mechanisms: Providing mechanisms for users to opt-in to receive messages and to easily opt-out if they no longer wish to receive them.
- Customer care information: Typically, "Text HELP for help" or Help at <<phone number>>.
The checkbox option that end-users must select in order to receive SMS messaging.
- The checkbox must not be pre-selected.
Find here an example of a recommended Call to Action:
''By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from (PROPERTY NAME) via its mobile text message provider, Whistle Messaging. You will receive texts about your reservation, offers, and customer support, Messaging Frequency varies.You may opt out of receiving messages by texting the word STOP to (WHISTLE NUMBER), or simply reply with the word STOP to any text message you receive from (PROPERTY NAME) . Text HELP for help” or Help at (WHISTLE NUMBER) Message and data rates may apply.''