A2P 10DLC refers to a system that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers. It improves message delivery and carrier filtering. Check in this article how to register.
- Whistle for Cloudbeds customers need to register their business for A2P 10DLC. You will need to follow the instructions below, in order to fill out your business information and submit your application.
- Currently, it takes up to 15+ Business days for A2P 10DLC SMS Registration to be fully approved. If you have submitted your SMS registration, your traffic should not be blocked or filtered, because the carrier recognizes that you are in a pending state.
As of December 5th, 2022, the required fields were changed due to regulation changes for US carriers (AT&T & TMobile). Providing false information could result in additional fees, penalties, and other repercussions by telecom providers.
How to configure SMS Settings for A2P10DLC
- Go to the Company tab
- Select Messaging Services
- Click to Edit Settings in the SMS card
A2P 10DLC Registered Messaging submission form will be displayed, fill out the new required details:
- Legal Entity Name (must match EIN)
- Industry - hospitality will be set by default
- Type (Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, Co-operative)
- Business Identifier Type (EIN, DUNS, CCN, CN, ACN, CIN, VAT, VATRN, RN, Other)
- Business Registration Identifier number
- Company Type
- Website (complete URL <https://www.website.com>)
- Primary Business Contact
- Click to Submit
- Be sure to fill out the form with the Legal Business Details, matching IRS records related to the EIN.
- The new details will not be saved if you navigate away from the page prior submitting the form.
- If you find any errors (feedback id) while registering, check this article for recommendations.
- Reach out to our support if you need further assistance.