Automated messaging delivers a message to multiple guests automatically based on the arrival and departure dates in the reservations tab.
- Essential Package - 4 Automated Messages
- Engagement Plus Package - Unlimited Automated Messages
Table of Content
Access Automated Message
- Go to the Automation tab inside Whistle
- Select Automated Messages
- Click + New Automated Message
- Add Title - not seen by guest
- Select the Recipient Type
- Find more details in this article: Whistle Automated Messages - Recipient Types
- Add a Filter Condition* (if any)
- Schedule when the message runs
- Select Days when message runs
- Choose run Time
- Select Automation Type
Filter conditions are a set of rules that apply to a particular automated message, specifying which recipients should receive the message. You can include multiple conditions.
For instance, you can configure a message to be sent exclusively to reservations that are booked for a particular room number or room name:
You can add Filter Conditions with the “or” functionality symbol “|”. Use ‘’|’’ to add multiple entries to your value, for example:
Automation Type - Message Guest
- Choose if you wish to enable multi-reservation messaging - send guests an automated message for each reservation they have.
- Choose if you wish to enable missed messages - this will immediately send this message if a reservation is created after the scheduled date and time.
- Select messaging channel if you have any others enabled (eg. email, whatsapp)
- Select a created Survey Template or Type a Message
- Select the department, if needed
- Click Create
- There is a maximum 640 character limit on messages, it is not possible to save or send messages with more characters.
- Event-based automated messages will not have the missed messages option (e.g. Reservation Created, Checked-In, Checked-Out, Canceled, etc.)
Automation Type - Create a Ticket
- Select Task, Checklist or Inspection
- Select Ticket Type
- Choose Assignee (optional)
- Add Description (optional)
- Click Save
If there is one reservation with multiple rooms, Whistle can only send an automated message to one room at the moment, multi-room reservation is not supported.
On the Automated Message page
- Click on the message you want to adjust or select the 3 dot icon and click view History
- Click Skip button on the right of the guest name to remove them from receiving
Flip on the Enabled / Disable switch of the message you wish to turn on/off or click the 3 dot icon and click Enable/Disable.