In the Items and Services page you will list all products and services available at your property for inventory control and create their SKU number, code and price. Follow this guide to configure and manage your items and services in the products settings and in your reservations.
Creating the item categories is important to organize and sort the items and services provided at your property. You can easily add them to reservations by selecting the category first.
In the Products page,
- Go to the Item Categories tab
- Click on +New Item Category
- Enter the Category Name
- Enter the Category Code
- Select the category color (it will be displayed on folio)
- Click on Save Item Category
The category creation is complete.
You can edit or delete the category whenever you need by clicking in the icons below:
In the Products page,
- Go to the Items and Services tab
- Click to +New Item
- Add item name
- Select item type (product or service)
- Enter item SKU*
(stands for “Stock Keeping Unit”. A SKU is a number or string of alpha and numeric characters that uniquely identify a product. For this reason, SKUs are often called part numbers, product numbers, and product identifiers)
- Enter item code
- Select item category (or create one)
- Enter item description
- (Optional) Check this option if you want to make notes mandatory when adding this item to reservations or house account
- Enter item price (or check the box "This item does not have a price")
- Apply the tax or fee to the item, if needed
- If you use Stock Inventory select whether you want to track stock inventory for this product. Learn more here: Stock Inventory
- Click on Save Item
The item will be added to the list. You can re-order the list, edit, copy or delete the item.
Before adding an item to the reservation, make sure the item is already created.
- Go to the reservation page and open the folio
- Select Add/Adjust Charge
- Click to Add Item
Fill out the form as follows:
- Select the category
- Select the item
- Assign to the guest buying the product
- Select Folio: If you have the Split Folio feature enabled, select which folio to post the item
- Post with current date and time: The current date and time will be selected by default. Uncheck the box to choose a past or future date and time.
- Price: Click the value to edit if needed.
- QTY: Quantity of items
- Total Price: It will be calculated automatically based on the quantity of the item
- Payment type: Select whether you want to collect the payment for the item right away
- Selecting Do not collect payment will add the item charge (debit) and will not include the payment.
- Selecting Credit Card or other payment types will add the item charge (debit) and will include the payment for the item (credit). If you have previously chosen to post the item for a future date (Step #7), the payment will be credited to the balance due only on the date selected.
- Transaction Notes, if needed
- Allocate Payment: If you have this functionality enabled - this option will be checked by default when you choose to add the payment for the item (Step #11) to allocate the payment automatically.
Learn more about payment allocation here.
- Click to continue
The item will be added to the folio.
You can see the charges of the items in the field additional items in the balance due menu.
You may need to void an item for different reasons: it was added by mistake or the guest changed his mind etc. To void a previously added item from the reservation,
- Navigate to Folio in the reservation page
- Click on settings icon in the applicable transaction and choose to Void Transaction
- Carefully read the message in the pop-out window and click to continue
- Voided transactions will still be shown in the transactions report, but they will not influence the balance due.
- Items can be voided at any time and in any reservation status.
In the Reports menu,
- Go to the Financial Reports > Transactions report
- All voided transactions and Items are accessible in the report and noted in the description field
You can find more detailed information on how to work with Transactions report here: Transactions Report