Manage your platform automatic consent request to ensure protection from TCPA violation (Telephone Consumer Protection Act).
This is an automated message to the guest to allow communication via Whistle.
- If you attempt to message a guest who has not yet opted in, your original message will placed on pending state and a consent message will be sent to the guest first.
- If a guest opts-out or does not respond, your original message will not send and any future messages from you are automatically blocked.
- Any outbound message(s) to the guest are placed in a Pending state, not limited to only the initial message. The Pending state messages are now on a 72 hour timer, meaning the guest will receive all messages that were attempted to be sent to them within the last 72 hours, once/if they opt-in.
- There's a limit of 15 messages that can be in the pending state.
Step 1 - Enable Service
- Go to the Company tab inside Whistle
- Select the Messaging Services section
- Switch the toggle next to the Opt-In Engine banner
Step 2 - Edit Verbiage
- In the Opt-In Engine section, click Edit Settings
- Scroll down and View/Select Available Verbiage
- Click Save Message