At Cloudbeds, we are committed to ensure you have access to the latest channel updates and features. Our goal is to empower you to attract more guests and secure more reservations.
We are introducing Hostelworld PayNow, the newest payment feature launched by Hostelworld - Hostelworld PayNow enables your property to offer non-refundable rates to guests.
If you do not participate in Hostelworld PayNow, no action is needed from you at this time.
Up to now, Hostelworld has been only a Property Collect channel in this sense:
- The guest pays the property at the time of stay, or
- The guest also directly pays Hostelworld a deposit - equal to commission - at the time of the booking
With the new PayNow payment method, a 100% of the payment is collected by Hostelworld at the time of booking.
Non-Refundable Rates Benefits
- Increase Bookings - Non-refundable rates represent 26% of Hostelworld's total bookings. Guests love to have a choice in terms of booking options.
- Secure revenue - You don’t need to charge the credit cards yourself, Hostelworld will do for you.
- More visibility - Offering a better rate will make your property more competitive and will help you climb the city sort order to the top positions on Hostelworld website.
Previous to June 30th, 2022
Under Reservation Sources, Hostelworld has only one type of source to configure your taxes and fees:
After June 30th, 2022
Hostelworld recently released the PayNow option, where 100% of the payment is collected by them at the time of booking (what we call Channel Collect). Meaning, properties can handle Hostelworld reservations as both Hotel Collect and Channel Collect on Cloudbeds PMS.
This week you will see changes to how Hostelworld is displayed as a Third-Party Source.
The Hostelworld source will be split into two sub-sources according to the payment type:
- Channel Collect Bookings and
- Hotel Collect Bookings
- At that time, any tax, fee, or commission that you have configured for the current Hostelworld source will automatically move to both Payment Types: Hotel Collect Booking source and the new Channel Collect Booking source.
- If you use Payment Processing, the same settings used for Hostelworld Hotel Collect Source will move automatically to Hostelworld Channel Collect Source in the Payment Processing Options.
- If you currently participate in Hostelworld PayNow / Non-Refundable Rates, and you do not wish for these taxes / fees to be identical for both Hotel Collect and Channel Collect (PayNow) bookings, on May 10th you must follow this guide: How to configure Hostelworld PayNow Payment Method
This will ensure your reservations are received into our system with correct taxes and fees. You will be notified via email and in-app once this setting is available.