If you forget your credit card viewing password or the password has expired (after 90 days), reset the password by following the instructions in this article.
The credit card viewing password can be reset:
- By an authorized staff* for themselves on My User Profile page.
- By a Property Owner** for themselves on My User Profile page.
- By a Property Owner for any authorized staff on Security page.
*Authorized staff is a user who has been granted permission to view credit card details by the Property Owner.
**Property Owner is the person who signed up for the Cloudbeds PMS.
- Go to My User Profile page.
- Click Reset credit card viewing password.
Note: If you don't see the link to reset your credit card viewing password, it means you have not been given the permission to view the credit card details by the Property Owner. The Property Owner must follow steps:
Once you request the password reset, you will receive an email with the reset link which is valid for 15 minutes. After this period, you must request it again.
- Click Reset Password and follow the instructions in the email to reset your credit card viewing password.
Your password must be strong and have the following security parameters:
- At least 8 alphanumeric characters.
- At least 1 upper-case letter.
- At least 1 number and special character.
- Cannot be the same as the account password.
- Cannot be the same as one of the 4 previously used passwords.
A Property Owner can reset the credit card password for any Authorized Staff once they setup their credit card viewing password. When the password is reset, it will no longer valid - this creates an additional layer of protection to guest data.
- You should be logged in as a Property Owner to reset a credit card password for other users.
- You can only reset a password for those users who have already set it.
- Click Manage (gear icon).
- Go to Security page.
- Select the user by checking (ticking) the box.
- Click Actions.
- Select Set/Reset Credit Card Password.
- Reset link will be sent to the user's registered email. They must follow the steps to set up a new password: How to Set Up Credit Card Viewing Password (Property Staff)