OpenGDS is a hub for properties to share their availability, rates & extra's and to receive reservations from agents. This way, agents can "plug & play" add properties to their platform without worrying about the entire infrastructure and real-time connections. The system is completely modular designed, this means almost any reservation concept can be realized with this channel.
How to connect OpenGDS to myfrontdesk
If you do not have an account at OpenGDS
In order to sign up, you need to email email@example.com and the team will assist you to create your OpenGDS account.
If you do have an account at OpenGDS
Go ahead and proceed with Step 2.
- Click on Manage (gear icon)
- Go to the Channels page
- Search for OpenGDS and click on the Not Setup button
- Login with your OpenGDS Hotel ID and Password, provided by the channel support team
- Map the room types created in Cloudbeds with their corresponding rooms in OpenGDS. A drop-down menu will display all the existing rooms in the channel's extranet.
Do not map multiple rooms to one single room in myfrontdesk or channel. The room mapping must be one-to-one.
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type, if needed. Click Next when completed or if you want to skip this step.
- Send a full refresh to update availability and rates to the channel.
The mapping is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Automatic adjustments
- Minimum length of stay
- Maximum length of stay
- Close days for arrival
- Close days for departure
- Closing rate plan for bookings
- Credit cards details