Benefits of Visionline integration:
- Issue key cards directly from the Cloudbeds reservation page.
- Check-in process becomes quick and error-proof.
- Duplicate and override the key cards on the same screen.
- No need for front desk staff to work in multiple screens on a regular basis - managers and owners have a greater deal of control.
To connect the two systems, you will need to install the Cloudbeds Integrator app on your Windows computer. This app enables Visionline and Cloudbeds to communicate.
- Search for Visionline and click CONNECT
- Click DOWNLOAD to install the app on your computer
The Cloudbeds Integrator application can be installed on any Windows host (computer or server) that is reachable via the network from the host(s) where the Cloudbeds PMS is used.
- Click to Save File
- Find the file in your Downloads folder and double-click on it to run the installation.
- If your antivirus software or Windows Defender asks you for permission to run this application click More info
- Select Run anyway
If your Windows Defender or other software asks for any additional permissions, you can give it the permission to run the Cloudbeds Integrator application.
- The installation process will start after all the needed permissions were given.
Click Next to start the process.
- Select I accept the agreement and then click Next.
- Enter the credentials that you use to log in to your Visionline software.
- Select the preferred host. If you’re unsure, select the first host or if you have an IT administrator follow their advice. In case you encounter any issues later on, try selecting another host from the list (you’ll have to uninstall the app first). Click Next to continue.
- Wait until the installation completes. This is typically fast but can take up to a few minutes. Click Next when it's done.
Cloudbeds Integrator app has now generated a set of credentials that allow you to connect with your Cloudbeds account in the browser.
- Copy and paste these credentials to your Cloudbeds account to the corresponding fields.
Make sure to not paste any spaces.
Visionline must be working in the background. If it’s offline, you will receive an error message, and the integration setup won’t work.
- Click Save to complete the connection. Then go back to the Cloudbeds Integrator application and click Next and then click Finish to complete the connection.
Don’t uninstall the app unless you want to break the connection.
Cloudbeds need to know which accommodation corresponds to which door in Visionline.
To make the mapping process easier, use the same names for accommodation units in both your Cloudbeds PMS and in Visionline.
- Open Visionline desktop application and go to View.
- Access Doors to find exact door names.
- Go to Additional Settings in Cloudbeds, and then click on the View/Edit button for the Door Mapping.
- Map your doors - link each accommodation unit from Cloudbeds to the door name in Visionline.
If you have a door unmapped, you will not be able to issue key cards for this accommodation.
Natively, Visionline doesn't support key cards for dorms.
In this case, you can set up your dorms as “doors” in Visionline and map those doors to your Cloudbeds dorm beds.
Access Additional Settings in the Cloudbeds PMS setup page:
- Default Card Expiry Time: allows you to set when the card expires on the check-out date. It’s common practice to leave about an hour of extra time after the standard check-out time to allow for the guests to come in and out of accommodations during their departure.
- Default Number of Keys per Accommodation: will determine how many keys are automatically selected on the Issue Key Card screen. Some property managers prefer to issue only one card for the door, others prefer to give as many cards as there are adults in the accommodation. Customize it to your best fit.