This article is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for Cloudbeds Payments based in the United States, the information that you will need to provide in order to complete your application, and initial set up.
- You can qualify for Cloudbeds Payments if both your legal entity and bank account are registered in the United States regardless of property location - If you are interested in this feature you can schedule a free demo with our sales team here
- You can only apply for Cloudbeds Payments if a Cloudbeds sales representative has enabled this application option for you.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be able to process payments immediately following the steps below.
- For security reasons, we encrypt credit card numbers to secure your card data more safely. Check this article for more information: Cloudbeds Payments - Why can't I view full credit card details?
You must login as the property owner user to set up the Cloudbeds Payments.
- In your Cloudbeds account, click on Manage
- Under the Property Configuration, select Payment Options
- Under Connect Payment Gateway section, turn on the toggle to Activate the gateway
- Turn the toggle to Live mode
- Choose Cloudbeds Payments in the drop-down menu
- Click on Connect Gateway
- A pop-up window with the Terms of Service will be displayed, review and accept if you choose to proceed
- The Create Account button will be enabled in order for you to setup a Cloudbeds Payments account.
You will be redirected to Cloudbeds Payments application.
On the first page of Cloudbeds Payments, you will need to select how your business is listed as an entity.
Type of entity and definitions:
Individual, Sole Proposition, or Single-Member LLC
- Typically a type of enterprise that is owned and run by one person and in which there is no legal distinction between the owner and the business entity. (Owner will use a personal SSN as a business entity number).
- Typically a business licensed with the state as a LLC, S-Corp, or Partnership Corporation. (Business should have state issued Employer Identification Number EIN).
- Typically reserved for nonprofit corporations or businesses that are tax exempt.
- Select the type of entity according to the information above
- Click on Next
- Fill out your business details
- Industry type (e.g. travel lodge, hotel inn)
- Business website
- Click on Save
If your property does not have a website, you can enter the property name and phone number.
- Fill out the business representative (property owner) details:
Legal Business Name
- This is how your business is legally listed.
Employee Identification Number (EIN) or SSN for Sole Proposition)
- EIN is issued once a business is listed with the state secretary.
Doing Business As (DBA)
- The operating name of the company if it is different from the legal name.
Registered Business Address
- Physical address of the business
- Business Phone Number
- You can select Travel lodging, or Hotels, Inns, or Motels.
- No website? You can enter the property name and phone number instead.
On the next page you will get a confirmation that you can get started with Cloudbeds Payments, but there will be additional information (e.g. bank account information) to be configured in the next steps to be completely verified.
- Verify the details displayed and click on Done
- Click on Back To Payment Options under the final message
Once redirected to Cloudbeds, this is the last step to be completed. You will need to set up the bank account where you wish to deposit all of the payments that you process through Cloudbeds Payments.
If you do not add a bank account, we will be unable to deposit transactions into your account. Meaning, you can process payments but you will not receive your payout until the bank account has been set up.
It is best practice to have a business banking account as the listed deposit account. Personal checking can however be used.
You must have a US bank account. Other bank accounts will not be accepted.
- Under Bank Account field, click on the Add button
- Add your routing number*
- Add your bank account details*
- Click on Save
*You can find these information on a check, by logging into your banking portal, or contacting your bank directly.
It only applies to direct bookings. For OTAs reservations, set up billing address requirements in OTA extranet or contact their support.
- Check the appropriate boxes if you would like to capture the billing address for each credit card
- Select which credit card fields you want to display and which of those fields are mandatory
- The more information inputted the more protection, but it can also cause more declines
- As a reference, the fields selected below are recommended
Please check the following knowledge base article for further details on how to setup Processing Methods (automatic and scheduled processing)
Congratulations! You can now accept payments through Cloudbeds Payments.
If you are using Cloudbeds Payments Terminal, please check the following article: Cloudbeds Payments - How to Connect Your Terminal to Cloudbeds PMS