In case your payment gateway is not listed in our Payment Gateways currently supported list, this article will guide you through how to add your own gateway to your mybookings page.
Since the payment gateway that will be used is not listed in the credit card section, this workaround will show you how to adapt the bank transfer option to redirect your guests to the gateway.
1.1 Set up the bank transfer option
- Go to the 'Manage' tab in myfrontdesk
- Open 'Payment Options' under 'Property Configuration'
- Click on the 'Bank Transfer' tab
- Activate the option by toggling the switch to the green box
- Enable the option 'Mybookings Booking Engine' in the option "Where do you want to allow this payment type?"
- Click on the image icon
- Host the payment gateway image online to make it clickable in mybookings by following this guide
- Insert the online link generated in the pop up 'Insert Image'
- Click on 'Insert image' to complete
The image will be displayed in the text field.
Make sure to click on 'Save' in the bottom of the page and proceed to the next step.
1.2 Set up the deposit policy
Mybookings will only display the bank transfer option if the deposit policy is configured to collect a determined amount in advance. In order to configure the deposit policy, please follow the instructions in this guide
Open your payment gateway and copy the URL of the payment page where guests should be directed
- Go to myfrontdesk 'Manage' tab
- Open 'Customize Mybookings' page
Add the following codes to the corresponding sections below:
Custom header for your hotel booking page
Copy and paste this code to the above-mentioned section:
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
Your Payment Gateway is now ready! The guest will be able to click on your gateway image after completing the reservation details and will be redirected to complete the payment in the URL configured.
If the guest selects the credit card option in the left, the credit card details will be saved and displayed at the reservation credit card tab as usual and the property will need to charge it manually.