This article explains how to add the payment gateway option to your Cloudbeds Booking Engine.
In case your payment gateway is not listed in our Payment Gateways currently supported list, this article will guide you through how to add your own gateway to your booking engine page.
Before Getting Started
- Once the reservation is complete using your payment method/custom gateway, the final booking completion page and the confirmation email will show Bank Transfer as the payment method. This cannot be amended in any way.
- Since the custom gateway is not integrated or supported by Cloudbeds PMS, the payment confirmation and transaction will not be auto-updated/posted in the reservation folio. The payment of the reservation will need to be recorded manually by the property.
- The following workaround is for the external/custom payment gateway not connected to the Cloudbeds PMS system, meaning that there is no way of confirming the payment made. This will need to be confirmed manually at your end. Guests will need to make the payment on the link that will pop-up after clicking on the image; and once this payment is made, they will need to exit the window of payment and click the Confirm Reservation button to proceed.
Step 1 - Set up the Payment Option in Cloudbeds PMS
The payment gateway that will be used is not listed in the credit card section. This workaround will show you how to adapt the bank transfer option to redirect your guests to the gateway.
- Go to the Manage tab
- Go to the Payment Options
- Click on the Bank Transfer tab
- Activate the option by toggling the switch to the green box
- Enable the option Booking Engine in Where do you want to allow this payment type?
- Click on the image icon
- Host the payment gateway image online to make it clickable in the booking engine by following this guide
- Paste the online link generated in the pop up Insert Image
- Click on Insert image to complete
- The image will be displayed in the text field.
- Click on Save, at the bottom of the page and proceed to the next step.
The booking engine will only display the bank transfer option if the deposit policy is configured to collect a determined amount in advance. To configure the deposit policy, follow the instructions in this guide.
Step 2 - Add the Customization Code to your Booking Engine in Cloudbeds PMS
Before accessing the Customize Booking Engine section on Cloudbeds PMS, open your payment gateway and copy the URL of the payment page where guests should be directed to. This information will be required to Custom footer for your hotel booking page section in Step 2.2.