Sometimes, guests' repeat visits lead to duplicate guest profiles on your system.
This article offers details about the Guest Merge feature, and it explains how to merge Guest Profiles on Cloudbeds PMS.
What is a Guest Profile?
The Guest Profile page includes all of your customer's data such as revenue, personal details, notes, and any documents that you have attached to a specific guest.
Every reservation has a guest profile on Cloudbeds PMS. It is possible to choose to create a new guest profile, or pick an existing profile to attach to the reservation when it is manually created.
Sometimes duplicate guest profiles may occur. Now, you have the option to merge these profiles to clean up your data base.
Things to note:
- By default, the system automatically uses the most recent guest details when merging guests.
- Before merging, verify the contact details and select the details you want to keep.
- Merging guests does not change the guest profile on existing reservations, but this action will merge the reservation history.
Merging Guest Profiles cannot be undone.
- Click on the Menu icon
- Go to Guests
- Search by the guest name (if you already know which guest profile you need to merge), or click on Filter Duplicates by Email checkbox
- The Filter Duplicates by Email option will search for all occurrences of guests where there is more than one repeated email.
- The system will only search for all occurrences of guests where there is more than one repeated email address.
- You are allowed to merge 10 guests profiles at a time
- Select the desired profiles
- Click on Merge Guests
On the right side, a modal will be displayed:
- Check and select the details you want to keep for the merged guest profile
- Click on Preview and Confirm
Confirm the accuracy of merged guest details and:
- Click Save to proceed and merge the profiles, or
- Click on Guest Details to return to the previous step to update information
- Once you confirm, the system will display a notification on the left side saying that the guests were successfully merged. Click on View new guest profile to check the new guest profile.
Find the data of merged guests in Activity Logs under Guest Merged activity.
- Access Manage
- Select Activity Logs under the Logs section
- Click on the Change Made filter
- Select Guests > Guest Merged
Once the filters are applied, the merged guests record will be displayed:
- Click on the guest name hyperlink and the system will redirect you to the correspond guest profile
- Click on the CSV format hyperlink to download an CSV document with the details of the merged guests.