With the Multi-Currency feature enabled, you can check the reservation balance due and also add cash transactions in foreign currencies.
This article explains how does Multi-Currency work on the guest's folio and how to add cash transaction using different currencies.
The reservation balance due can be displayed in other foreign currencies - You can access the reservation and click on the balance due drop-down as shown below.
Activated foreign currencies will be available in this list and can be switched easily.
Before adding cash payment transaction in foreign currency, you need to set them up. Check the following article to learn how: Multi-Currency - How to Setup
Once you setup the acceptable currencies, you can start accepting cash transactions in foreign currencies.
Let's see an example:
- The following property has BRL (Brazilian Reais) as their default currency
- The guest owes BRL 100,00
- During the check-out, the guest wants to pay in Euros
In order to add a cash payment transaction, you need to:
- Open the guest folio and click Add/Refund Payment
- Select Add Payment
Payment type - select Cash
- Remember that the multi-currency feature is only available for cash payments
- Amount - click on the drop-down to choose the desired currency (in this case, Euros)
- By default, the amount will be pre-filled with the balance due.
- You also have the option to add partial payment by changing the value manually - Once you change it, the system will automatically recalculate all foreign currencies.
Once you post the transaction, you can see the record on the guest's folio under the Credit column:
- Click on the amount displayed to check the foreign currency conversion to local currency.
- The question mark next to the currency displays the applied exchange rate for the transaction.
- Click on the arrow next to the Total to open the total panel - You will be presented with the total for each currency separately.
- The system allows you to refund cash transactions, but at the moment it is not possible to make refunds in foreign currencies - please check the following article to learn more: How does refund work with Multi-Currency?
- All transactions will be displayed in your Cash Drawer in all currencies - Please check the following article to learn more: Multi-Currency - How does it work with Cash Drawer
- At the moment, other reports (Daily Revenue Report, Transactions Report, Daily Financial Report, etc) will always show the amount of transactions in your property's default currency.
All the Multi-Currency content can be found here.